Match Thread Brighton & Hove Albion v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This wasn't a bad performance we were just unlucky.
Silva wasn't really to blame, in fact his subs worked quite well and we scored almost immediately after DCL came on. The performance was better than the start of the season and at least Schneierlin didn't play. Maybe should have subbed Walcott at halftime for Kean.
Sidebe getting better with every game and went MoM today.
You could sum that game up today in two words.........Everton that.
Gutted.

Don't get me wrong Everton frustrate me so much but would never ever think of not supporting them. Don't understand the people who come on here and say that's it Im done with Everton. Me, I'm a blue always have been always will be. In fact strangely enough I'm probably more of a blue when were doing crap than when were doing well.

Well you are wrong again. Keep going though.
Whatever. We are an average attacking team but the one of two players who scored and the only one who created big chances in the game was shocking and worthy of a specified calling out when the other attackers all did nothing.

White flag time when everton are under the cosh, i can't count how many times we have capitulated away from home over the years, must be the most of any team in the prem.

I've opted for Tom Davies, purely because he was on his own in midfield as once again Gomes adopted his 'I don't like to play away from home' approach. And I can't recall Sigurdsson touching the ball in the 2nd half.

I went for Sidibe for MoM. It was a decent performance all round destroyed by an abomination of a VAR decision which knocked the stuffing out of us just when we were taking control of the game. Holgate had a steady game and put in the fine ball for DCL's goal, Tom Davies and Gomes were a bit under par in the first half but improved in the second. Digne put in his usual good performance, even his own goal was precise! Iwobe was a bit hit and miss but pretty good overall, Gylfi didn't make a good substitute for Bernard because he doesn't put the same amount of energy into the game. Overall I'm disappointed in the end result even though I wasn't expecting a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back