Match Thread Brighton v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pure nonsense. He works likes a dog. Puts a shift in every time he doesn't score. Makes defenses do work they don't want to do.
But yeah few things dont come off we should all complain. Weirdo
It's not a few things mate he's atrocious at passing the ball. His goals make up for it when he scores 13. 7 though? It's questionable.

It's not a few things mate he's atrocious at passing the ball. His goals make up for it when he scores 13. 7 though? It's questionable.
Why is it questionable. We have a brazil international on our hands who works hard , gets goals, is absolute thorn in defender sides. But hey guess what bring back josh King, he might pass it backwards and have a 70,% plus pass rate.

Why is it questionable. We have a brazil international on our hands who works hard , gets goals, is absolute thorn in defender sides. But hey guess what bring back josh King, he might pass it backwards and have a 70,% plus pass rate.
Josh King is a slightly worse version of Richarlison mate.

I really don't want to bag on Richie too much, I really don't, but he's a pretty poor player on the days he doesn't directly contribute to goals and that's a problem for everyone but the very, very best players who contribute to a goal every time out.

Josh King is a slightly worse version of Richarlison mate.

I really don't want to bag on Richie too much, I really don't, but he's a pretty poor player on the days he doesn't directly contribute to goals and that's a problem for everyone but the very, very best players who contribute to a goal every time out.
Who are these players

Hes a good player, not great by any stretch of the imagination, and definitely not irreplaceable. The "Brazil international" calls puzzle me. It's the least talented Brazil team in decades and he's nowhere near their best player. It's not a magic benchmark.

I don't get all the Richarlison bashing. He has been a great player for us but its clear he has had his head turned by PSG and they can offer him Champions League football which we can't. If we get near to £100m for him then it's a no-brainer for us but he would still be a big loss.

His strop over the penalty is a sure sign he no longer sees himself as a team player and is an individual looking to pad his stats. Thank goodness Townsend had the brains to get the ball off him. I really wanted him to do well with us but we have been crap over the last few seasons so if he goes it's no surprise. He left Watford to come here and was offered a chance of Champions League football which we failed to deliver.

I find your 'Benny' references churlish beyond belief to be perfectly honest with you
I was going to refer to him as Benny and not Rafael because that's what they called him. I don't see any harm in it but I've stuck
with Benitez. Frankly, I'm well over the red connection and anyway, it bothers most of them far more than me, I'm sure. They
must hate Everton wins even more than before.

I was going to refer to him as Benny and not Rafael because that's what they called him. I don't see any harm in it but I've stuck
with Benitez. Frankly, I'm well over the red connection and anyway, it bothers most of them far more than me, I'm sure. They
must hate Everton wins even more than before.
I think we need to get over the red connection really. Would fans have turned down Brendan Rodgers too if he were available? At some point we were always going to end up signing an ex-Liverpool player or manager. It would have to have happened at some point eventually, it just so happens that it's this one.

This really has to go back to Moshiri really. He has come in and in that time we have gone from being a stable top 8 team to being a calamity with a succession of bad players and managers. What worked for us in the past was to sign players from left field. We will see if Demari Grey is that kind of player. Like Piennar and Arteta he has not really lived up to his billing but this is a real chance now to flourish and we have a fan base that will get behind the players so long as they are putting in the effort.

So too should we get behind the manager now.

Status
Not open for further replies.