Match Thread Brighton v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Richarlison is like a 4 for me. He was the worst one out there for stretches before the utterly ridiculous stuff with the penalty.

Thought he did fine, even though I don't think the position suits him or he suits it, whatever.

That flick round the corner for Coleman in the first half was brilliant. He put himself about and worked extremely hard, but he did have a cob on.

I can't say he did any less than Dom though. 6 is average for me, I think they both played averagely with a bit of quality thrown in (the penalty for Dom, a few flicks and passes from Rich).

Thought he did fine, even though I don't think the position suits him or he suits it, whatever.

That flick round the corner for Coleman in the first half was brilliant. He put himself about and worked extremely hard, but he did have a cob on.

I can't say he did any less than Dom though. 6 is average for me, I think they both played averagely with a bit of quality thrown in (the penalty for Dom, a few flicks and passes from Rich).
Just a stats thing he was dispossessed 6 times. Total for the team was 14. And he completed 50 something percent of his passes which was near Dom's but Dom was dispossessed only once or twice.

Point being I think he was very wasteful. And he's got a terrible shoot on sight habit (which tbf so do Doucoure, Townsend and to an extent Gray) which also wastes good positions and moves.

Just a stats thing he was dispossessed 6 times. Total for the team was 14. And he completed 50 something percent of his passes which was near Dom's but Dom was dispossessed only once or twice.

Point being I think he was very wasteful. And he's got a terrible shoot on sight habit (which tbf so do Doucoure, Townsend and to an extent Gray) which also wastes good positions and moves.

He isn't great on the ball. Sounds daft but in terms of build up etc it's not his strong point, you want him in that role where he just gets into the box and causes havoc. Whether that needs him to be in the left channel, I don't know. I don't see the harm in trying him central off Dom but it doesn't seem to suit. But I actually don't think he played badly today. If the pen incident doesn't happen, we probably just class it as a game where things didn't quite click for him. But he was a bad meff for doing what he did and is right to have got told where to shove it.

Maybe better to compare richy’s wastefulness to other attackers. Attackers do tend to lose the ball more trying to create something.

also I’m enjoying our players deciding to have a shot. I know what you mean sometimes they can do that one more pass but look at Grays goal today. Nothing fancy just good old fashioned direct, pace, shoot. Defenders hate it.

I thought Rich and DCL Were just 6/10 each. Some good some bad. Nothing stand out. game was won by Doucoutr and Allan for me covering ground. Getting the basics done well and letting those with pace do damage.

I'm glad you mentioned this because in a positive start, other than Keane's regression this is the one thing that has really bothered me. So many times we've had attackers in good spots with options around them and they've just blazed wasteful shots into the stands instead of picking out their mates.

Coleman at Leeds was the worst but plenty of others.

He isn't great on the ball. Sounds daft but in terms of build up etc it's not his strong point, you want him in that role where he just gets into the box and causes havoc. Whether that needs him to be in the left channel, I don't know. I don't see the harm in trying him central off Dom but it doesn't seem to suit. But I actually don't think he played badly today. If the pen incident doesn't happen, we probably just class it as a game where things didn't quite click for him. But he was a bad meff for doing what he did and is right to have got told where to shove it.
I totally agree about that first part though. He's a goal scorer who tends to be not very good when he doesn't score. We gave Rom crap for that but I think Richarlison takes it even a step further sometimes. I get the not coming off stuff but it really often doesn't come off in terms of his passing play. It's frustrating because he does the hard stuff so so well.

Having a read of a Brighton forum to see their reaction to the match, most were quite gracious but I couldn't help but laugh at this
1630195656077.png

Everyone is poking fun at 'Super League side' Arsenal, it's quite good to see.

Richarlison is like a 4 for me. He was the worst one out there for stretches before the utterly ridiculous stuff with the penalty.

Clown. 4 for what. Cause he has put a shift in today & ever since he joined the club and shows pure passion.
U obviously have never played the game ,& if u have you would love stuff like that.

If u don't shoot you don't score . All above player has the ability to put it in the net from 25 yards

Nah I disagree. If you've got time and space to shoot it is different but on the run letting fly from 25 yards is rarely the right choice.
So what do u do. Try work it into box eveytime. There has to be option to shoot on sight if confidence is their. It might not work out everytime but you have defenders 2nd guessing whether to close or drop after initial shots

I totally agree about that first part though. He's a goal scorer who tends to be not very good when he doesn't score. We gave Rom crap for that but I think Richarlison takes it even a step further sometimes. I get the not coming off stuff but it really often doesn't come off in terms of his passing play. It's frustrating because he does the hard stuff so so well.
Pure nonsense. He works likes a dog. Puts a shift in every time he doesn't score. Makes defenses do work they don't want to do.
But yeah few things dont come off we should all complain. Weirdo

Status
Not open for further replies.