Match Thread Brighton v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, and I think this goes for alot of us-I'm most impressed with the pressing and pace of play.

Also commitment, hope he can keep the levels there

Can somebody tell me why richarlison didn't get a penno when the guy grabbed his hand and pulled him back? He made the most of it but it was a foul right?

Yeah was mad. The ref's are now instructed for it only to be pens if it's judged actually enough contact to make a player go down. But that's a clear foul and Richarlison only went down to draw attention to it. It should have been given.

I think we played better attacking football at the start of last season but a major difference with this team for me is that we look alot more solid, we are the ball back higher up the pitch and wont be bullied out of games if we keep this effort and the manager is definitely more vocal. With some additions I think we will be more competitive.
We were definitely better last season no doubt but in retrospect it was unrealistic to think we could keep at that when our second best passing player was our left back and the third was Gomes who is such a liability that most of us are fine if he doesn't play basically ever again.

A comfortable win against a team on top form and down to the bare bones (Iwobi, Townsend, Gordon and three relatively inexperienced defenders plus TWO keepers on the bench!)

Something is going right!

Pickford - 8
Coleman - 8
Holgate - 8
Keane - 7
Digne - 6
Allan - 9
Doucoure - 8
Townsend - 7
Richarlison - 6
Gray - 8
DCL - 6

Iwobi - 7
Gomes - 6

For me, like
Richarlison is like a 4 for me. He was the worst one out there for stretches before the utterly ridiculous stuff with the penalty.

Can somebody tell me why richarlison didn't get a penno when the guy grabbed his hand and pulled him back? He made the most of it but it was a foul right?

Probably as it was so far away from the ball, no definitive way to say Richarlison was getting near it. Had it been closer to the ball it may have got given.

Status
Not open for further replies.