Match Thread Brighton v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Home advantage has been massive this seasson. We come out unbeaten after 3 out of 4 games been away. That'd be fantastic.

For my money the toughest test of the season thus far. A team that controls games and creates chances while unlike Leeds actually having a reasonable defensive presence. Our directness is causing teams issues and it could do again here if we get things right. No errors though. Gotta stop that.

Of course we will win. Richarlisson and dcl will chop them up like chicken liver on a bbq and serve it with a nice chianti and some fava beans. Iwobi will score a hattrick. Keane will be kept on the bench. We wil salute our leader benitez for that.

I would consider going 4-4-2 and lining up like this.

Pickford
Coleman Mina Godfrey Digne
Townsend Allan Doucoure Gray
Calvert-Lewin Richarlison

Begovic Holgate Keane Nkounkou Davies Gomes Delph Iwobi Gordon

If James is selectable he would take Gordon's place. I would leave Gbamin out as he played full 90 last night.

When was the last time Godrey played any footy? I am thinking America and if it was there is no way he comes straight into the starting 11. It will be Mina and Keane. I don’t think he will but if Keane is to be dropped it 100% will be Holgate with Mina. I don’t really care who plays I just want that first clean sheet as we are scoring at least two in this game.
A win on Sat is massive, it really will change the feeling at the club. Add two decent signings (one has to be a RB) and more dead wood shifted and we can start to dream again

When was the last time Godrey played any footy? I am thinking America and if it was there is no way he comes straight into the starting 11. It will be Mina and Keane. I don’t think he will but if Keane is to be dropped it 100% will be Holgate with Mina. I don’t really care who plays I just want that first clean sheet as we are scoring at least two in this game.
A win on Sat is massive, it really will change the feeling at the club. Add two decent signings (one has to be a RB) and more dead wood shifted and we can start to dream again
You might be right about Godfrey. Hopefully not, hopefully he starts. If he isn't ready however, Keane still needs to be dropped. I'd rather start with Holgate and Mina in central defence at this point.

Bring out the first XI for Brighton, then the next game we better have added another two to the first team cohort.

Status
Not open for further replies.