Match Thread Brighton v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone would think we're playing Barcelona
That would be nice. That would mean the club is in European football and as grand as they are, Barcelona are properly ordinary nowadays. As for the inference that Brighton aren't that good, well Potter has sorted some defensive issues and they have a good start and are playing well while we're missing loads. People are concerned a bit but I think get a good result.

I once did 2 full days work when I was on the flat roofing with an abscess.
1630158691933.webp

For those who love their Opta stats:

• The home side has never lost in eight Premier League meetings between Brighton and Everton (W6 D2), with Brighton winning two and drawing two against the Toffees at the Amex Stadium.
  • Everton are winless in their last four away games against Brighton in all competitions (D2 L2) since a 2-1 win in April 1983.
  • Brighton have started the 2021-22 season with two wins from two games - they've won their first three league games in just three of their previous 94 seasons in the Football League, doing so in 1951-52, 1953-54 and 2011-12.
  • Albeit a small sample size, Brighton's shot conversion rate in the Premier League this season is 14.8% (4 goals from 27 attempts), while last season it was their lowest in a single campaign in the competition at just 8.2%.
  • Everton have conceded seven goals in their last two Premier League away games, as many as they had shipped in their previous 12 on the road in the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back