Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pic of that poor lad on the BBC footy page lying on the floor looking up, dazed and obviously in shock, is pretty frigging hard to take, tbh.

Whilst Jags impressed me hugely for his actions with Oviedo - acting exactly like you hope to see your captain acting, the one that came out the blue was Stones, in a team of seasoned pro's and internationals - a 21 yo lad with a handful of games stayed with him the whole time, absolute kudos to the lad and as a few have said already that is a huge testament of character.

Stones has impressed me with his play already this year, but last night his stock went up ten fold for the way he acted

This massively. Well in John.

Fair play to Naismith too who sat down with him.

Oveido probably didn't feel much pain due to shock and adrenaline surge. Hopefully they got some pain relief into him quickly.

Today he'll be sore as hell. So I'll be thinking of him during today.

Hopefully the club makes a big fuss of him and keeps everyone in the know about his recovery.

Dreadful. But at least he's going to be okay. For a few minutes, watching it in London Bridge without the volume particularly high, I feared a Muamba sitution. Really feel for the lad, though. What a shame.

Just honestly gutted. Never felt so bad after an injury.

He's just a top bloke doing everything the right way, and what does karma give him? A broken leg and a shattered WC dream.

Get well soon Bryan, you slick-haired, Costa Rican prince.

Stick up for the fam lids

BONiffDCQAIHjYF.jpg:large

He's the man

Gutted for the lad, just when he was showing what he is capable of this happens. We will miss him and so will Costa Rica in the world cup.

I see where ypu're coming from dave but not so sure. I tore a cruciate years ago, v painful, long rehab, but was flying into tackles as soon as I was back. Needless to say I tore another 10 years later. Ots good that its the RS next as there wont be the chance to not go in 100%
The one thing in my mind about this now the smoke is beginning to clear is how this will affect the squad. They reacted well yesterday. First rate reaction. But they'd be less than human (especially those with WC ambitions) to not be rocked by this injury. I wonder how the commitment levels will be influenced by seeing a teammate's dreams shattered so near to that tournament? Some of these players might take the view they'd rather not go in for this challenge or that one, or track back for defensive duties in the way Oviedo did last night. A natural reaction for players who, in all likelihood, aren't in line for domestic honours and so see the WC as their priority.

This is going to be a tough psychological battle for Martinez and his staff to deal with.

The one thing in my mind about this now the smoke is beginning to clear is how this will affect the squad. They reacted well yesterday. First rate reaction. But they'd be less than human (especially those with WC ambitions) to not be rocked by this injury. I wonder how the commitment levels will be influenced by seeing a teammate's dreams shattered so near to that tournament? Some of these players might take the view they'd rather not go in for this challenge or that one, or track back for defensive duties in the way Oviedo did last night. A natural reaction for players who, in all likelihood, aren't in line for domestic honours and so see the WC as their priority.

This is going to be a tough psychological battle for Martinez and his staff to deal with.

Disagree Dave - at this level you have the mental strength to put such things out of your mind and carry on. It's similar to F1 drivers who after seeing someone crash and get injured - you don't see their lap times slow after a crash, why should it be any different for top class professional footballers.

If anything it will spur them on - "let's do it for Bryan" mentality.

Some terrible comments from dirty kopites on twitter about him, motivates me even more for Tuesday. Gutted about his injury, knew as soon as it happened that it was terrible...GET WELL OVIEDO

On a side note I feel like our club is possibly the best to get such a serious injury at. Bobby has a great understanding of the human body and will make sure everything is prepared for him to make a perfect recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back