Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow!! Is that just a bandage???? No plaster cast?

It's a plaster thigh cast which will completely immobilise the leg and allow it to swell but allow no movement of the knee at all, he will prob have that on for a month then it will be changed for a fibre one. I did a double fib/Tib spiral, when I was 15, 2 1/2 months in a thigh cast then 2 with a bellow knee cast. The state of my knee when the thigh cast was removed was shocking, not being able to move it is seriously debilitating, loads of physio to get it sorted. Bryan should with a bit of luck make the World Cup, best of luck to him.

It's a plaster thigh cast which will completely immobilise the leg and allow it to swell but allow no movement of the knee at all, he will prob have that on for a month then it will be changed for a fibre one. I did a double fib/Tib spiral, when I was 15, 2 1/2 months in a thigh cast then 2 with a bellow knee cast. The state of my knee when the thigh cast was removed was shocking, not being able to move it is seriously debilitating, loads of physio to get it sorted. Bryan should with a bit of luck make the World Cup, best of luck to him.
It's a very slender plaster cast then.

It's a very slender plaster cast then.

As I remember it was quite thin to allow swelling, it's not as strong as the fibre one that will be fitted latter, he's not going to be moving much for the first month due to the pain so it doesn't need to be.

Sitting on the lav's not easy with one of those on, kind of tricky with one leg stuck out in front of you, showering with a bin bag taped on you leg is also an event but I'm sure Bryan will be requesting a few bed baths from Mrs Oviedo :)

As I remember it was quite thin to allow swelling, it's not as strong as the fibre one that will be fitted latter, he's not going to be moving much for the first month due to the pain so it doesn't need to be.

Sitting on the lav's not easy with one of those on, kind of tricky with one leg stuck out in front of you, showering with a bin bag taped on you leg is also an event but I'm sure Bryan will be requesting a few bed baths from Mrs Oviedo :)

i chuckled at that and remembered when I did my first cruciate and the rehabe was leg ina splint for 8 weeks, it meant i couldnt wipe my ass with my right hand, had to use my left, try it, its really hard

I broke my Fibia in 3 places, Tibia in 1 and shattered my ankle joint the week before Bryan did this, gutted for the lad.

When I first heard I was worried he was gonna have to put on an Ilizarov frame, but if he's got away with having a rod he's pretty lucky. Will be back quicker.

I broke my Fibia in 3 places, Tibia in 1 and shattered my ankle joint the week before Bryan did this, gutted for the lad.

When I first heard I was worried he was gonna have to put on an Ilizarov frame, but if he's got away with having a rod he's pretty lucky. Will be back quicker.

Thats what I thought, a rod would speed up the rehab, the rod will take some of the load so he may well be walking on it very soon. does the rod stay in?

carbon-rod.jpg

Thats what I thought, a rod would speed up the rehab, the rod will take some of the load so he may well be walking on it very soon. does the rod stay in?

I broke mine the same as Bryan about 7 years ago. The rod has stayed in. It can be removed but it doesn't hamper anything. The screws I asked to be removed though as they cause a bit of discomfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back