Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
complete opposite for me. Poor positioning at times, caught ball watching on occasions. Had a number of opportunities to knock in a cross, particularly in the first half but chose to check and go square. No coincidence that in the dying embers of the game when he did decide to cross we scored one and had one disallowed. That should be analysed in a team meeting for all players not just Oviedo supply lukaku and things will happen.

complete opposite for me. Poor positioning at times, caught ball watching on occasions. Had a number of opportunities to knock in a cross, particularly in the first half but chose to check and go square. No coincidence that in the dying embers of the game when he did decide to cross we scored one and had one disallowed. That should be analysed in a team meeting for all players not just Oviedo supply lukaku and things will happen.

This thing about not crossing the ball has been evident all season so it makes me think that they are under instruction. Oviedo like Baines and Coleman is not the best defender but like them he can get up and down the flank all day long. Great energy.

I thought he should have played left mid last night with Kev replacing Naismith on the right, then Garbutt starting left-back.

Personally I think he's not got enough positional sense to be a decent defender - especially with how vulnerable we are at the moment - but we also saw last night how much we miss someone who can actually cross and take a corner.

He's got more pace than Baines and is more harassing, looked well up for the game and took his chance. I would definately play him from start on Saturday

Better than Baines. Not even bothered, the defense looks more solid when either Pviefo or Hibbert play left back. Wedt Ham barely got a chance, Distin looked solid because his left back was in the same half of the pitch as him, and Oviedo got an assist. Of course this all means that as soon as Baines is back fit he'll be straight back in. We are going to lose Oviedo and Garbutt in order to keep a 30 year old Baines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back