Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen people use that argument before and I'm not having Puskas there. George Best was the best player in the world when the second best player in northern ireland played part-time, he genuinelly came out of a footballing wasteland. George Weah is the same.

But Puskas was the best player in the world when the second, third and fourth best players in the world were also hungarian, he was the figurehead of a golden generation like Zidane was for france's. It's not the same.

VERY good point.

And I interestingly enough was gonna use Weah and Best as my example and I did indeed think twice about Puskas, I even checked his Wiki to check what Hungary won cos I thought I was making a mistake.

I dunno man, Hugo Sanchez, Rafael Marquez, David Suazo, Magico Gonzalez, Paulo Wanchope, Juilo Valdes, Javier Herandez. They've produced a fair few top players.

The odd thing is we've never had a player from the Caribbean. Most english clubs have had a few jamaicans or bermudans in their time but not us.

Well, we need to define Central America again, as Mexico isn't included in the most popular definition. And there have certainly been some great Mexican players. Most of the best talent comes from Honduras and Costa Rica, if we're using the 7 nations definition.

Well, we need to define Central America again, as Mexico isn't included in the most popular definition. And there have certainly been some great Mexican players. Most of the best talent comes from Honduras and Costa Rica, if we're using the 7 nations definition.

To be fair, it must be quite hard to organise a game of footie in the midst of a bloody and vicious civil war whilst off your bonce on beak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back