Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bf4CFntIEAAropa.jpg

I broke my Fibia in 3 places, Tibia in 1 and shattered my ankle joint the week before Bryan did this, gutted for the lad.

When I first heard I was worried he was gonna have to put on an Ilizarov frame, but if he's got away with having a rod he's pretty lucky. Will be back quicker.

Ouch. How did that happen?

I broke my Fibia in 3 places, Tibia in 1 and shattered my ankle joint the week before Bryan did this, gutted for the lad.

When I first heard I was worried he was gonna have to put on an Ilizarov frame, but if he's got away with having a rod he's pretty lucky. Will be back quicker.

You don't use ilizarovs on clean breaks as it is in Oviedo's case, if you're unlucky enough to get hooked up to one of those horrible things, you'll probably wear it for 4-18 months (at worst), and it'll never get back to how it was.

Thats what I thought, a rod would speed up the rehab, the rod will take some of the load so he may well be walking on it very soon. does the rod stay in?

Rod stays in, unless something goes wrong. It's goes from one end of the tibia to the other, and is fastened by two screws, regularly, at each end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back