Bump in the road

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can rember the times when we beat them with shoite teams and lost with good ones, yes I’m that old :) . It always seemed that when we won we’d go on a losing streak and they go on a winning one, the Derby result then never seemed to reflect our future results. The Gods are appeased, I m now hoping that winning run begins.

I hope you're right but Silva has a massive job to get us over this quickly. That's potentially a season wrecking moment.
For once I’m not thinking that. We more than held our own and played with no fear. Yeah it was a horrible mistake but honestly this is the best I’ve felt about how we played in a derby for a long time. Despite losing I think the players & the manager should take a lot of confidence from today (Pickford excepted mind!).

Posted earlier it was a free hit today , still in top 6 & 2 very winnable games coming up agst Newcastle & Watford.
Kick in the nutz that last minute freak goal , other than that I expect Silva wont focus on that but carry this on and take the full 6 points from the 2 games.
Leaves us with some brilliant games at home after Christmas

What was he thinking?

Ah well, I'd usually be absolutely gutted and in a bad mood for hours/days but we put in a good performance for the first time there in I don't know how long and in the end it's only a point lost.

We are improving every game and playing some great football. If we can strengthen the team in January with a proper striker we can win games like them.
I’ve calmed down now after the initial shock, because we went out and played the better football. They were resorting to hitting long balls some good and trying to turn us around. We played a bit deeper 2nd half and they couldn’t get behind us but I think silva got a plan and there will be a few surprises of personnel change this summer we will be stronger. Watch this space.

If we’re blasting Pickford for his mistake are we also going to blast Mina and Gomes for missing headers that were easier to score?[/QUOT
I’m sure if they missed with seconds left on the clock and cost us the game then they would be heavily criticised too.
Mina yes Gomes no, he connected with that header bob on, Allison didn’t know he had saved it.

think people are being a bit harsh on Pickford, he had to go for it as he didn't know if it would go under the bar. the second bounce off the bar was extremely unlucky but he should of just tipped it over. he's saved pens made huge saves for us. he will learn. but yeah best performance at Anfield in years
Just the strangest 'shot' to judge. Total fluke so focus upon the fact we are now competing with some skill. Starting to look like best team since first Kendall league win. In those days only Liverpool to beat. More competitive now

Bang on @sageyefc

If i had the energy to really get into the discussion id love to go over whether that is our best footballing performance at that hole since i dunno...20yr ago.

We played actual football. Attacked. Created chances. Were in the game all the way through and didnt have me absolutely convinced we would concede every time they attacked.

It was a Merseyside derby with more technique than thuggery and I liked it. Our attitude made it so.

I said with 10m left that it was different...way different...than what we've been watching for the last age and the final result wouldnt change that. Wasnt expecting that kick in the scrotum but still feel the same.

Keep it up lads

Status
Not open for further replies.