Match Thread Burnley v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect nothing from this hopeless, negative manager, who can't even win against former championship teams.
How the hell are we going to win against Burnley? But oh yeah, let's give Silva all the time he needs to ruin us.
A draw is the most likely here!

We got the biggest chance ever to get in top 6. Man United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham are doing terrible.
I am afraid when Moshiri and co realise that Marco is ***, it will be too late as our opponents will have recovered.

Crucial game if we lose we are looking below us nervously in very poor form, win and we will be looking at catching those above us and a brighter outlook.
We are looking at somewhere around mid table regardless. It's the manager who should be looking over his shoulder.

Pickford
Coleman Mina Keane Digne
Davies Delph Gomes
Kean DCL Richarlison

Something like that for me. In terms of system anyway.

Need something a bit more solid in the middle away from home. That 3 gives us so much more.

The team that intrigues me most (without changing formations since we aren't allowed to do that) is the usual back five, Schneiderlin, Delph, Walcott, Iwobi, Richarlison and Kean/DCL. I want to see what those wingers look like with someone who can actually move the ball at the #10 position.

If we were allowed to use a different formation I'd like to see the usual back 5 with Schneiderlin behind Gomes and Delph with Iwobi, Kean/DCL and Richarlison up top.

I’d like our wingers to actually try a few crosses and less one two’s in the corner, it would be such a bold move it might surprise the opposition.

I've been a Sigurdsson fan but he needs to sit. Can't keep rewarding poor form.

I would like to try a two of DCL and Kean up front. Their strengths complement each other. Kean may have more pace and be better with the ball at his feet, but DCL is better in the air and as a holdup guy.

That leaves the question of what to do with the midfield and I'll leave that alone for now - but I'd like to see that combo.

What worries me more then anything, if we do lose this is the relegation word is no longer a joke, it's a serious worry that we will have to fear.
While I dont think we will go down we will have to be %100 focused on the league and nothing else, meaning the clueless useless joke of a manager might take his eye off the league cup.
While we cant afford to go out the cup Silva will be more worried about saving his job via league placing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back