Match Thread Burnley v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I would like to think, that we can get enough points to stay up, slowly but surely the positivity is deminishing with every defeat. We are in a right battle to stay in the Premier League and after last night, I don't think we have the means, either the playersc individually or collectively, and the manager with the right nous and tactical awareness, to get out of this relegation fight.

I know there were so many what if's from last night (and from the rest of the season), but the biggest one that stands out for me last night was when Richarlison was played through one-on-one with Nick Pope and all he had to do was hit the target. That was at 2-1. He scores that = we would have likely gone on to win the game. Absolutely gutted.
Regardless of that miss, you can’t throw any of that at Richarlison. His 10 team mates are where the approbium lies.

Lampard. Does he have the mentality to turn this around? Players have never been at the races, all season. Difficult for Frankie.

We are still more in the driving seat that any of the bottom 6. Games in hand and a higher points total as of today. IT is really still in our hands.Everyone is depressed though becasue we dont see things changing and us picking up more points. Well we have to.

For a good while this season I stopped watching us because hiring benitez just sucked the passion out of me. The games I did watch and certainly the ones recently seem to have patterns to them.

Long story short , we don't seem to know how to attack. We have plenty of attacking players sure but we don't know how to actually attack.

This is what is killing us. We can't score , the players are incapable of working together to score. We have so much of the ball around the box but do nothing with it. Kenny almost handballed it two games in a row in the exact same position! Last night it wasn't called but the Burnley fans shouted it.

Even the lewen thing annoyed me, dribbled into the box and was looking for a pass outside it rather than driving at goal to at least force a corner if the goal wasn't on.

I need to go back and watch to be sure, but it looked like Gordon(?) was trying waving players over to come celebrate after Richy’s first and a few wouldn’t. He seemed kind of pissed. I don’t know if anyone else noticed that or can verify. I could be completely wrong though.

The morning after the night before and I shall be spending the rest of the day thinking how they hell we were 2-1 up and lost 3-2 to bloody Burnley.
Could have been worse, like that 5-2 defeat to bloody Watford.
The writing was on the wall back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.