Match Thread Burnley v Everton. Sunday Dec 26th. 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnley's last game was called off just 2 hours before kick off. Many fans had travelled hundreds of miles, too late to stop them. Hope our fans are not treated like that okay not as far but not right if it is stopped very late.

BTW their team is damn well on full strength unlike ours.

I just said it in the Benitez thread but worth repeating here.

For the last few years, we have moaned about how our club doesnt stick up for itself and doesnt call out bad decisions against us. Say what you want about Benitez but he has been willing to come out, be vocal about the hypocrisy that is rife in this league and that is a good step in the right direction.

That being said, I think the quote from him that is getting attention is that we have 9 outfield players available. That simply cannot be correct. There might be 9 outfield players that he would class as worth of selection in the PL but the clubs seem to have agreed a definition as to what is classed as a senior player and our youngsters must have crossed that threshold. As such, while his quote is a good soundbyte, it must be inaccurate and he should be looking upwards to ask questions as to why that definition was agreed.

VAR is great

Those in control of it are the problem. Sheer lack of consistency. I had no real issue with Richarlisons pen v spurs being overturned, but when you see the same thing happen elsewhere and it goes the other way you it makes a mockey of it. Same with the red card challenges. Morton on Wednesday wasnt even chekced (not sure if VAR was in operation). Trent v WHU, Tarkowski on Richarlison, Kane on Robertson. Like genuinely what are they doing??? All of these were red cards clear as day, i can forgive a ref for not getting it right in real time speed as he gets one view, why hes not told just check the monitor and see if youre comfortable with your decision is a joke.

Yeah not used in the Caraboa cup mate.

Gonna look stupid when we lose at Burnley in March and everyone has a meltdown.
We need the Newcastle game ON next week before they can spend money. This is the best time to play them

I just said it in the Benitez thread but worth repeating here.

For the last few years, we have moaned about how our club doesnt stick up for itself and doesnt call out bad decisions against us. Say what you want about Benitez but he has been willing to come out, be vocal about the hypocrisy that is rife in this league and that is a good step in the right direction.

That being said, I think the quote from him that is getting attention is that we have 9 outfield players available. That simply cannot be correct. There might be 9 outfield players that he would class as worth of selection in the PL but the clubs seem to have agreed a definition as to what is classed as a senior player and our youngsters must have crossed that threshold. As such, while his quote is a good soundbyte, it must be inaccurate and he should be looking upwards to ask questions as to why that definition was agreed.
I wonder if that’s 9 fit players - plus dcl back from injury and Coleman/Allan who weren’t fit for Chelsea but in bench. Doubt he counts Simms/dobbin/adneiran as first teamers.

This will be off which gives us a big advantage for the Newcastle game, a game in which only three points are acceptable.
To be fair, we should have had the advantage over Newcastle anyway as they dont play till monday night, so we will have had 29 hours extra rest before Thursdays game

Status
Not open for further replies.