Match Thread Burnley v Everton - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way we saw the Newcastle and Chelsea challenge they'll see that with us...we'll be their Newcastle or Chelsea.

This will be a very stern test. Our defence being disrupted is a big issue.

Tbh I'd take a draw right now. They've found some form.

Just want a clean sheet me, keep the defence tight and whatever the results will be will be.

Win this and I'll actually jump back on the Hope train. This is corner turned for me if we can win the one we are supposed to .

Ahh the hope train, this is when we are packed and waiting at the station. Ready to jump on the train.

This is when Everton lets you down and the train flies past the station without even slowing down .

Leaving us saying to ourselves “ I will never let myself believe ever again”

Much like many of us have said “ I will never drink again” after a heavy night … year we always find ourselves in the same situation at some point

He is out - Doucoure and young 1 yellow away from ban which they have till the end of City game to avoid

Young getting suspended isn’t the worst thing in the world as we have Coleman and Patterson . Doucs would be a bigger miss but if young doesn’t get suspended , he can always go rm and Harrison into docs position like against Newcastle .

Watch both get carded tomorrow and be out for the same game lol

These lot are terrible up front. Kompany has got them playing tippy tappy football but with no cutting edge.

Not sure how this is going to go. We are a team in form but we are Everton and likely to concede and lose to an OG of Tarkowski's backside.

with Branthwaite in the team I would have been fairly confident of picking up a win, unfortunately his absence has cast some doubt!

Pickford
Young Tarkowski Godfrey Mykolenko
Garner Onana
Harrison Doucoure McNeil
Calvert-Lewin
a sneaky 2-1 win for the blue boys

This game is tailor made for us; a poor possession based team at home, with no cutting edge and remember they are 19th (on same number of points as the 20th placed team)for a reason. They have 8 points from 16 games. If this isn't a game for the taking then I don't know what is.

Everton to smash them 2-0

I understand Michael Keane is a calamitious liability but we won games with Ashley Young in the lineup and it's only coming from one journalist so far but supposedly he picked up a knock in training so there's a possibility he won't be available, so people can stop soaking their briefs. If we play them like we did in the cup we'll be fine

Evertonians will be soaking their briefs at the thought of him potentially playing until the day he retires - because he obviously isn't going anywhere

Burnley could play into our hands here. They love dicking about with the ball at the back and midfield, and we've forced teams of higher quality than them into mistakes which we’ve capitalised on.

Having said that, I'd be happy with a draw. Would keep the bottom 3 at arms length after our recent form.

Despite how long is left of the season, this game would have felt very different if we were still in the bottom 3.

This game is tailor made for us; a poor possession based team at home, with no cutting edge and remember they are 19th (on same number of points as the 20th placed team)for a reason. They have 8 points from 16 games. If this isn't a game for the taking then I don't know what is.

Everton to smash them 2-0
Have to agree with this. I'm never that optimistic, but they were god awful at Goodison. Never know what can happen though. Said before, a draw wouldn't be a bad result (obviously rather we win).

It's a must win game for me. 6 pointer. They are poor and low in confidence, where at the moment we're the complete opposite. It would be such a shame not picking up 3 points after the run we've been on.

Status
Not open for further replies.