Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Byram Bid Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we definitely need back up for Coleman and obviously this lad is highly rated. Always been impressed by him on the few occasions I've seen Leeds play. We are still 3 positions short IMO to genuinely have a crack at the top 4. Another keeper, wide player (yarmelenko) and back up striker for rom.

I am delighted with this signing. I remember seeing him play for Leeds that night they knocked us out. Was very impressed with him then. He went quiet for a couple of seasons but seems to have really kicked on this year and added attacking prowess to his game.

What this shows me is;
1) It is brilliant to screw Leeds over a bit. I can honestly say I hate them as a club, and their big time aspirations. It will kill them to lose a player to us, who they see as below them. I wouldn't normally enjoy that so much but with Leeds I am enjoying every moment of it.

1) We really are building a golden generation. I think these things makes a difference and one Leeds to another. Signing the Swiss lad and Byram in this window would be very smart business (along with Foulds who is a bit further off).

2) As intimated above, it is having a knock on affect. A lad like Byram must look at the Fab 4 and want to be a part of that. Add in lads like Besic, McCarthy and Mori who's best days are ahead of them, alongside signings such as Tarashaj and fringe players such as Galloway and Browning and we have a very impressive group that players want to join.
You make some very good points. As a critic of Martinez you can't deny he is pointing together a talented group of young players but I still think Martinez would be an excellent director of football as opposed to be a manager.

You make some very good points. As a critic of Martinez you can't deny he is pointing together a talented group of young players but I still think Martinez would be an excellent director of football as opposed to be a manager.

I think the issue with that though is that Martinez will give these lads opportunities, whereas other managers wouldn't, and clearly they want to play for Martinez.

Where you are right though, at times is I think he needs a little support. I like Jones but I wonder if a more senior head might have helped Martinez, possibly getting someone like Big Joe in the staff?

Here are is highly accurate stats that we can 100% rely on to give us an idea of how boss he is

sam-byram-fm-2014.png
£2.1m value? We're being robbed.

I think the issue with that though is that Martinez will give these lads opportunities, whereas other managers wouldn't, and clearly they want to play for Martinez.

Where you are right though, at times is I think he needs a little support. I like Jones but I wonder if a more senior head might have helped Martinez, possibly getting someone like Big Joe in the staff?
Good shout. Would have been interesting to see how we would have fared under Martinez with Alan Irvine or Steve Clarke as our number 2. Both very highly regarded coaches, but both failed in managerial positions. Graeme Jones and Lawrence his coaches from Wigan don't fill me with any great confidence. On the other hand, it is only too obvious the work Duncan Ferguson must have been doing with rom as he looks the real deal this season. Forget his finishing, I can't believe how much his hold up play and touch has improved this season.

Good shout. Would have been interesting to see how we would have fared under Martinez with Alan Irvine or Steve Clarke as our number 2. Both very highly regarded coaches, but both failed in managerial positions. Graeme Jones and Lawrence his coaches from Wigan don't fill me with any great confidence. On the other hand, it is only too obvious the work Duncan Ferguson must have been doing with rom as he looks the real deal this season. Forget his finishing, I can't believe how much his hold up play and touch has improved this season.

Yes it's a difficult one really. He obviously knows and trusts Jones and Jones is well thought of in the game.

Alan Irvine would have been an interesting shout. Having a strong good number 2 makes a big difference.

But yes Martinez has clearly got a vision and it's clear young players want to come to us. I would be delighted to get Byram.

Yes it's a difficult one really. He obviously knows and trusts Jones and Jones is well thought of in the game.

Alan Irvine would have been an interesting shout. Having a strong good number 2 makes a big difference.

But yes Martinez has clearly got a vision and it's clear young players want to come to us. I would be delighted to get Byram.
Irvine was a complete and utter yes man though most assistant managers are and its pointless trying to force people onto a managers staff as it'd make them uncomfortable

Really happy with this signing if/when it gets confirmed. For all Martinez's negatives his faith in young players and giving them a chance regardless of whether they make mistakes is brilliant.

Happy with this weve needed a decent rb backup
for some time now can't say i know him but got Leeds mates online
[psn] an stuff are gutted. plus he's english status look sound for a youngster on fm
etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back