Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Byram Bid Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have liked Byram to sign but I thought at the time that it was a shame that we are not preparing Kenny to take over from seams and we would probably lose him now. I can't stand clubs that stockpile players with no intention of bringing them through and I feel that's what this signing is an example of.
So in a way I'm not that bothered about not getting him as in the long run we may benefit more. Ain't got a crystal ball yet so can't say for sure.

Good luck to Byram at West Ham as he would have only been 2nd choice here

Loving the 'bigger club' stuff.

They've never won the league, have only won 3 FA Cups, and have finished above Everton twice in the last 50 years. And have always had smaller attendances than Everton.

But don't let that stop the 'OH WOE IS US, WE ARE SO CRAP LID' stuff.

The player went for first team football, which he wouldn't get at Everton because we have a better full back than him in Coleman.

Also - he is actually unproven at Premier League level.

Granted he's a 'hot prospect', what ever that means. But there's plenty of 'hot prospects' who step up a level and don't succeed. It's no guarantee he'll be boss, and that's not sour grapes because we've suffered ourselves signing players with potential.

We signed Garbutt from Leeds, remember.

good way of shutting down a discussion.
Because it apoears you're not really interested in having a discussion of positives and negatives, you always want to find a way to bash the club/Martinez.

I've already said I'm disappointed that we didn't get this particular deal over the line, but think it is different than the Payet and Shaqiri situations from the information I read. Seems closer to the Ogbonna one.

He's only avaraged 6.7 for my FM Leeds side in 4 seasons, so probably best we avoided him, never seen him play in real life, hope that helps.

Because it apoears you're not really interested in having a discussion of positives and negatives, you always want to find a way to bash the club/Martinez.

I've already said I'm disappointed that we didn't get this particular deal over the line, but think it is different than the Payet and Shaqiri situations from the information I read. Seems closer to the Ogbonna one.
I believe there is enough of a track record of not signing specific players we have targetted in the last 10 years to make it an indictment on the club.

ive just named 6 off the top of my head ffs!

mccarthy.jpg

Warm up Agent McCarthy, you're on.
You know what you're here to do

I believe there is enough of a track record of not signing specific players we have targetted in the last 10 years to make it an indictment on the club.

ive just named 6 off the top of my head ffs!
This happens at near every club mate.
Beaten out by another club for a signing, what a shock that is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back