Cahill out for 3 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Wayne

Player Valuation: £100m
Suspended for the game against Spurs and Australia have called him up for a World Cup Qualifyer against some hopeless team or other, so he misses the games at Blackburn and Reading.

When do the cavalry return from Africa because boy are we short in midfield.

Hopfully we did have Pienaar back after the last match on Thursday, as for Yaks and Yobo at the earliest it would be after 3rd of Feb before they could travel back!

moyes has said cahill has a hamstring injury.

"I think it's ridiculous that someone has to fly halfway around the world in between two league matches at this stage of the season," said Moyes.

"But Tim has to make the decision on whether he goes to play for Australia or not.

"He has got a hamstring injury just now so we will have to see if that hinders him in any way."

The way Tim has played over the last few games he won't be missed that much especially as Pienaar will be back. Ossie has come back from his broken toe too early, he played through necessity, we must make sure he doesn't do a Timmy and damage it again

We need all hands on deck at the moment in midfield. Ossie has come back to early, but i think moyes hand was forced.

When cahill was out for 6months did'nt he say everton would come before aussie?? what happend to that??

I'll be well pist off if he leaves us in the lurch!!!

I think you should all get over yourselves. Australia are playing a world cup qualifier against Qatar- They may be lowly for you mighty English (how is your national team going anyway?) but we need to beat them to get our qualifiers off to a top start and make the World Cup. And we will need Timmy for the game.

Why it was scheduled midweek is not our fault, but a FIFA directive. We just play where and when they tell us.

But still, why our best players should miss out on playing for our country, just to fulfill the whim of teams in England who aren't going to win the league anyway. Let Cahill go, and Moyes should stop having a big sook. Don't sign players from Africa and Australia if you aren't prepared to release them for international duty.

Let him stay with Everton, if Australia can't get past Qatar with out him then we don't deserve to go. It's not like he will do much anyway being to jet lagged to even stand up straight.

Why do we need every Australian football player on the face of the planet to come for this one game beats me.

Last edited:
I think that Bundy's right - although the Qatar game is important for us, I don't think Tim will be that influential without having had time to train with the team etc, whereas the race for 4th place in the PL is very important... CL cash could do Everton a seriously good turn.

Chico - don't bring up the kangaroo... it's a very delicate matter for all of us over here.

Is it only me that thinks Cahill should show us some loyalty ,he came back from injury early to play for Australia and as a result was injured after coming back due to not resting his injury like he should .its all well and good wanting to play for your country but how about considering the club that pay your wages:@

We have no right to ask him to miss an international. If we couldn't ask players to miss the ACN then surely that same respect should be given to Tim as it is the World Cup, could we ask Lescott to miss a game against San Marino, of course not, we'll get by

I think you should all get over yourselves. Australia are playing a world cup qualifier against Qatar- They may be lowly for you mighty English (how is your national team going anyway?) but we need to beat them to get our qualifiers off to a top start and make the World Cup. And we will need Timmy for the game.

Why it was scheduled midweek is not our fault, but a FIFA directive. We just play where and when they tell us.

But still, why our best players should miss out on playing for our country, just to fulfill the whim of teams in England who aren't going to win the league anyway. Let Cahill go, and Moyes should stop having a big sook. Don't sign players from Africa and Australia if you aren't prepared to release them for international duty.

Got it wrong mate.

It's Australia who owe Everton on this one. Cahill comes back crocked after the World Cup and who pays for it? Not Australia I can tell you that.

And apparently you don't follow football in England very much as there's quite a bit more at stake than just "winning the league."

Well stated above. If you guys NEED Timmy for this one, then you've got bigger problems than whether or not Cahill shows up for the match.

Oh, and I'm also having a laugh at the "don't sign players from Africa and Australia" bit. You think Australia would be any good with only Australian based players? Hardly. Thank your lucky stars that teams in England, Italy, etc... sign players from Australia. It allows you to have a quality team with players who are used to playing top competition week in and week out.

A bit more educated perspective in the future please.

To quote Moyes "I disagree with them (Australia) having a game in the middle of the season. I think it's ridiculous that somebody would have to fly halfway round the world, but Tim has to make his decision whether he goes to play for Australia or not." It is a World Cup qualifier you dropkick, no wait sorry Australia arranged it especially just to annoy you. Would not Everton be better served by a manager with half a brain?

TX Bill, would the leagues of Europe be the top quality internationally marketable competitions they are if they had to rely on solely home grown talent? Foreign nations have the right to call upon their players or we may as well just forget about the concept of International football, give and take.
Cahill was crocked prior to the World Cup if you remember. Yes he made a number of long flights to play for OZ, but none the less to blame was the fact Moyes had run him into the ground at every opportunity. You would be hard pressed to find more than a couple of Everton players who played more minutes than Timmy during that period, and almost certainly none in the most demanding positions. Moyes had to take some blame there, he could have rested him too.
You also underestimate the AFC qualifying path for the World Cup. Talent wise and logistically it is a far more difficult undertaking than the CONCACAF path your own nation's team must survive. Hence Mexico being about the only dead set certainty to qualify every four years in World football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back