Cahill out for 3 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats all this arguing about?

Fact is moyes said "its cahill's decision" and yes it is, whether he goes or not is up to tim, not anybody else.

I personally think that playing for your country comes first, HOWEVER should a player get injured while away on international duty then that countries FA should pick up the wage bill while the player can't play.

If its a friendly, I'd say there would be no need to drag players away from important club games, but when its a qualifier then of course players must go and represent their countries. common sense.

btw "Theantimoyes" saying david moyes only has half a brain only makes you look stupid, so in future if you want to debate and have your say then fine, but leave the gutter remarks out of here.

Alright I will recall that personal attack on David Moyes intelligence. But I will stand by the fact that his comment was a silly one. Just as England, Brazil or anyone else doesn’t have a say on when their World Cup qualifiers are scheduled neither does Australia. These are laid down by the confederations and indeed take place on FIFA scheduled dates.

Australia too aren’t well pleased on having to have players travel so far, it doesn’t help the Nation’s cause either, but that is the geographic reality. Yes it is also unfortunate that a club’s aspirations for success, and the financial rewards that go with it, may be jeopardised when players go away. The commercial and financial rewards a country may or may not receive based upon whether or not they qualify for the WC are hardly inconsequential either.

As for the various FA’s picking up a player's wages when injured on international duty? In my view it is not a realistic option for the vast majority of the Associations around the world. Crippling the FA of Australia, Ghana or even Brazil or Argentina would do what for the leagues of Europe in the long term? Ultimately it should be a FIFA insurance issue, perhaps in co-operation with the various FAs and the clubs themselves. In this imperfect world until that can be sorted potential injuries should be considered a cost of doing business.

Good post, yeh the wage thing is just a pie in the sky idea.

yeh, they don't have a say in it, so as usual the problem lies with FIFA and obviously the way it is now is not the best way of doing it.

To quote Moyes "I disagree with them (Australia) having a game in the middle of the season. I think it's ridiculous that somebody would have to fly halfway round the world, but Tim has to make his decision whether he goes to play for Australia or not." It is a World Cup qualifier you dropkick, no wait sorry Australia arranged it especially just to annoy you. Would not Everton be better served by a manager with half a brain?

TX Bill, would the leagues of Europe be the top quality internationally marketable competitions they are if they had to rely on solely home grown talent? Foreign nations have the right to call upon their players or we may as well just forget about the concept of International football, give and take.
Cahill was crocked prior to the World Cup if you remember. Yes he made a number of long flights to play for OZ, but none the less to blame was the fact Moyes had run him into the ground at every opportunity. You would be hard pressed to find more than a couple of Everton players who played more minutes than Timmy during that period, and almost certainly none in the most demanding positions. Moyes had to take some blame there, he could have rested him too.
You also underestimate the AFC qualifying path for the World Cup. Talent wise and logistically it is a far more difficult undertaking than the CONCACAF path your own nation's team must survive. Hence Mexico being about the only dead set certainty to qualify every four years in World football.

yobo played every league game last season
howard, neville, lescott, carsley, arteta off the top of my head are players that im guessing put more time in on the pitch than cahill because he (tim) picked up multiple injuries, compounded only by aus bringing him back too soon from the foot injury and lo and behold, he reinjures that foot.

cant decide who i want to see lose most when SA play AUS

OK enough of the arguments!!! is cahill playing anginst blackburn on saturday or not?

Or is he on a plane flying half way round the world for a pointless game.....:D

well in mod-squad for the smiles......there well better.:yahoo::dancing:

Good post, yeh the wage thing is just a pie in the sky idea.

yeh, they don't have a say in it, so as usual the problem lies with FIFA and obviously the way it is now is not the best way of doing it.

see above Rob, could not agree more, we will get on without him, it is his country and his right(y)

Sabbo - I was unsure which would offend more, I was going to go for a Steve Irwin rip but was fearful in case he hit back with a Jeremy Beadle. There'd be tears.

The funeral for Jeremy Beadle has been arranged, just a quiet church do followed by a small finger buffet

I think you should all get over yourselves. Australia are playing a world cup qualifier against Qatar- They may be lowly for you mighty English (how is your national team going anyway?) but we need to beat them to get our qualifiers off to a top start and make the World Cup. And we will need Timmy for the game.

Why it was scheduled midweek is not our fault, but a FIFA directive. We just play where and when they tell us.

But still, why our best players should miss out on playing for our country, just to fulfill the whim of teams in England who aren't going to win the league anyway. Let Cahill go, and Moyes should stop having a big sook. Don't sign players from Africa and Australia if you aren't prepared to release them for international duty.

So Australia have a chance of winning the world cup, yes?

He is a doubt for tomorrow because of a hamstring injury.

England always has their games between club fixtures, you have no idea what its like having your country blasted by fans all the time whose country never have to deal with this [Poor language removed]. It happens, whenever, wherever, always a different situation, fact is, country comes first. Apart from the injury and wage situation I think FIFA have most things spot on. Lots of these teams dont have lots of special/talented players, if one is missing its a massive blow. Get over it :@

Sabbo - I was unsure which would offend more, I was going to go for a Steve Irwin rip but was fearful in case he hit back with a Jeremy Beadle. There'd be tears.

"watch out - Beadle's about" inspires far more fear than "crikey, is that a croc?"... Just stick with the dingo comments etc, and you'll be fine Chico-lad. Saying that a 'roo had it's way with one of our mothers is far more generous than some of the other comments floating about. You could invoke Gerrard or something, and that would be far more offensive, know what I mean?

In the meantime: Cahill to stay in 'The Mother Country' to play for 'The Mighty Blues', so that we can establish ourselves as a 'Top Four Club', and push those other 'Horrible Red Muck' well out of the European zone, and ensure their fate, borrowing money from fellas in dirty raincoats, who end up selling your relatives to European scum for dirty purposes (which I'm sure you'd be proud of, Chico).

By the way, sorry if that last post doesn't make too much sense, but I've had a couple of bottles of red tonight, so perhaps I'm less than at my best.

To quote Moyes "I disagree with them (Australia) having a game in the middle of the season. I think it's ridiculous that somebody would have to fly halfway round the world, but Tim has to make his decision whether he goes to play for Australia or not." It is a World Cup qualifier you dropkick, no wait sorry Australia arranged it especially just to annoy you. Would not Everton be better served by a manager with half a brain?

TX Bill, would the leagues of Europe be the top quality internationally marketable competitions they are if they had to rely on solely home grown talent? Foreign nations have the right to call upon their players or we may as well just forget about the concept of International football, give and take.
Cahill was crocked prior to the World Cup if you remember. Yes he made a number of long flights to play for OZ, but none the less to blame was the fact Moyes had run him into the ground at every opportunity. You would be hard pressed to find more than a couple of Everton players who played more minutes than Timmy during that period, and almost certainly none in the most demanding positions. Moyes had to take some blame there, he could have rested him too.
You also underestimate the AFC qualifying path for the World Cup. Talent wise and logistically it is a far more difficult undertaking than the CONCACAF path your own nation's team must survive. Hence Mexico being about the only dead set certainty to qualify every four years in World football.

You mean England, Italy, Spain, and Germany only became top leagues AFTER the Bosman ruling?

Nah, not buying it. Those leagues were still top drawer when the rules stated that they could only have 4 or 5 internationals on the roster with only 3 playing at one time if I remember correctly.

Maybe a bit over the top on my part in reaction to Cahill and I'd certainly never begrudge a player from representing his country, but perhaps my beef in this particular instance should be with FIFA for scheduling it when they did.

I guess we're just tired of missing players for international committments at the moment and word now is we're going to get another one back who's gonna be out for 2-3 weeks due to injury.

Let's hope that Yak and Yobo don't get crocked or I might just go crazy.

He is a doubt for tomorrow because of a hamstring injury.

England always has their games between club fixtures, you have no idea what its like having your country blasted by fans all the time whose country never have to deal with this [Poor language removed]. It happens, whenever, wherever, always a different situation, fact is, country comes first. Apart from the injury and wage situation I think FIFA have most things spot on. Lots of these teams dont have lots of special/talented players, if one is missing its a massive blow. Get over it :@

getting over it.

how did you do in the ACN BTW?

Wish everyone would stop coming on an EVERTON FORUM - its not a south african forum or a socceroos forum or even [Poor language removed]' worse an england forum - saying we should just accept losing players that we, the people and fans of everton pay for, out of our hard earned money - and then watch consequently as we lose games when they are away. If you want sympathy for your respective crappy national teams surely this is the wrong place to look for it.

Its an Everton forum. Country doesn't come first. Couldn't be arsed if my country never win a thing if it means one point more for the blues. There are plenty who feel the same as I do about this.

EVERTON IS MY COUNTRY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back