Cahill selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me and some that have noticed Cahill does a lot better when he has had a rest. The Aussies play to many friendlies and the like. I don't think we will see the absolute best in Cahill again untill he gets some blows from time to time. The more he plays it seems there is a inverse relationship in his form. Coming back from injury the last time he has been like a amn posessed. Lately with all these fixture the legs look heavy.

Darwin would probably work. I'll put the word out that he's looking for a place up there in the north.

from what i hear he will only miss one game if he is called up.

and he is from sydney, born and raised in sydney. when he was 14 he went to samoa for a holiday and the national team there asked him to play a freindly game promising the match was not "binding". turns out it was an official match.

You see I believe it should be country over club, but the country should pay that players wages for the week he is away.

I also think all International qualifiers should be played at the same time, so the Premiership takes a break and all games are played during that period.
That's to logical for the powers in charge they are not interested in being fair

Thought he was from Samoa or somewhere thats what all the court cases were about no?

You can have him now that we're getting paid!

Yep, Sydney lad with an English dad and Samoan family on his mum's side (I think).

Watched a fair bit of the Asian cup when i was in Oz and was pretty surprised he didnt start that many games, the games he did plya he played on the right wing, he was great out there by the way! I know he was just coming back from injury as well!

What really surprised me when i was out there was that the general Oz public hero worship Kewall, who has been a waste of talent for many years now, while cahill personally i thought Cahill didnt get the recognition he deserved!

Probably because the general public have only heard of Kewell and Viduka, and wouldn't be able to tell you which clubs they play for.

Watched a fair bit of the Asian cup when i was in Oz and was pretty surprised he didnt start that many games, the games he did plya he played on the right wing, he was great out there by the way! I know he was just coming back from injury as well!

What really surprised me when i was out there was that the general Oz public hero worship Kewall, who has been a waste of talent for many years now, while cahill personally i thought Cahill didnt get the recognition he deserved!

i dont know where you were but Cahill for a while now has been the biggest and most popular australian footballer...

As for kewell, he may be wasted at the RS but when he plays for australia he is unbelievable. (which is the way i like it).

that sucks, i figure we needed a left sided player called back, especially with the injury to Heffernan, but asking tim to come back to play is foolish considering i'm sure joel grffiths would do a damn good job, i mean he just broke the a league scoring record right???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back