Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand why some people may have reservations, and everyone's entitled to their opinion. But it's Carlo Ancelotti. We've tried young, up and coming, hands on managers and they haven't worked. Is it such a bad thing to go for someone who's got a different approach? The man's done the lot, of course there's a chance it won't work, but I just don't understand how anybody can not be excited by this.

To me this is a massive statement by the club. What will Ancelotti bring?

Massive international attention
Top players will be attracted by his presence
A winning mentality
Authority to the dressing room.
Massive cash injection as he wont be coming to be restricted by FFP

What does he see in this squad? I think the spine of a good team.

Pickford( needs a good GK coach)
Mina
Digne
Gomes
Richarilson
Kean(needs a father figure)
Holgate
DCL

I‘m waiting till it is confirmed before I get really excited and start dancing round the room and running down the street shouting, which at my age and health would be a miracle! However I can’t understand why some people don’t want him. He is a winner,his ex players really rate him etc. Also just imagine if you are one of our current players and you have the chance to play for one of the top managers in the world,wow if that doesn’t motivate you then nothing will.
Ok I am really excited and I’m polishing my dancing shoes.

Happy to get a manager with his successful CV. I worry about his hunger though. Dont hate on me, we dont have a good history in recruitment.

Yeah a rare show of behaving like decent fans! (joking) To be fair I dont think we are nasty to other teams, never racist, never insulting about class, religion or where people live. We just trash our own players sometimes!!
We did have a thread going that wasn’t particularly pleasant about people from Sunderland mind.

The biggest positive here has to be his contact list - with Moshiri and kenwright continuing to show niavity in the transfer window & the enigma that is Brands, I expect (&pray) Ancelotti will lead change in how players are bought & prioritised. Ending the cycle of being taken advantage off time and time again

If he stays for two years+ & a restructure of the recruitment ethos is his legacy, he will have done a great job

benvenuto Carlo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.