Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all want a manager who will get us and understand our club. Will Ancelotti connect with the fans or will he be another Koeman/Silva in that respect?

Happy with the appointment but I don't want to see Tom Davies out on loan at West Brom next season.
He’s not good enough for them and they will be in prem by next year.. pick another championship team

I‘m waiting till it is confirmed before I get really excited and start dancing round the room and running down the street shouting, which at my age and health would be a miracle! However I can’t understand why some people don’t want him. He is a winner,his ex players really rate him etc. Also just imagine if you are one of our current players and you have the chance to play for one of the top managers in the world,wow if that doesn’t motivate you then nothing will.
Ok I am really excited and I’m polishing my dancing shoes.
Because it means they can hope we might start being good again, but they've been burnt too many times to fully trust the club.

Happy to get a manager with his successful CV. I worry about his hunger though. Dont hate on me, we dont have a good history in recruitment.
Tend to agree but I think the positives far outweigh the negatives, the biggest positive for me is how excited players will be to work with him. Attracting great young players should be much easier than if we had Davey Moyes (sorry Davey).

It looks to me like Everton have indeed agreed a deal with Ancelotti but when they seen word had got out too early, they were worried about legal and moral implications with things such as other candidates they have interviewed not yet being informed and maybe some legal stuff with his old club and so they panicked and released that statement last night to cover themselves.

It definitely looks like he will be announced sometime this week though but best not to count our chickens before they hatch as this is Everton and there is nobody better at botching things up.

It looks to me like Everton have indeed agreed a deal with Ancelotti but when they seen word had got out too early, they were worried about legal and moral implications with things such as other candidates they have interviewed not yet being informed and maybe some legal stuff with his old club and so they panicked and released that statement last night to cover themselves.

It definitely looks like he will be announced sometime this week though but best not to count our chickens before they hatch as this is Everton and there is nobody better at botching things up.

this is probably the case

Reactions: Lob
#
i know ancelotti has a reputation for being personally a bit hands off

but i imagine he has a top tier coaching staff, who have obviously worked with the very best

i can't see how it wouldn't be a big improvement out of anyone we're likely to get right now

I dont get all the complaints about him being hands off. Ferguson was hands off, he let his first team coach carry out the training that he wanted them to work on. He's what, the most successful british manager ever? Managers have a coaching staff for that reason and if he has a team that he trusts to carry out the training required, then it leaves him with more time to study opponents, prepare for games etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.