Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too be honest if it had been a league game I could have understood tonight, but it was a one off game so why not go for it more? At the end of the day getting beat 2-0 or 6-0 wouldn't have made a difference, we would have still been out the cup.
I've admittedly thoightbthaybexact way for the likes of Burnley. Like pulling it back to 2-1 early first half. You should either go on to draw or win or get beat 3-2 going for it. Doing nothing after halfing the deficit is so so regretful.

But with city. That was the best way and it almost worked. There's no 'you might end up losing 4 or 5 going for it'. You 100% would.

He wouldn't have had players belting th ball all day back to the opposition.

This is not about any other manager than Ancelotti.

He set up with a dented shield plan and we got battered and beaten.

End of story.
Your agenda never ends does it, we were under pressure and tiring against a full strength City team, we were missing two of Ancellotti's four signings plus the England goalkeeper. They brought Mahrez and De Bruyne on we brought Iwobi on, or at least I think we did, did you see their bench compared to ours. Also Pep has been there for years, Carlo hasn't, give him a chance to build his team and stop whinging.

I've admittedly thoightbthaybexact way for the likes of Burnley. Like pulling it back to 2-1 early first half. You should either go on to draw or win or get beat 3-2 going for it. Doing nothing after halfing the deficit is so so regretful.

But with city. That was the best way and it almost worked. There's no 'you might end up losing 4 or 5 going for it'. You 100% would.

I just wonder if we had tried to push them back, got in their faces more, used the ball more instead of just giving it back to them at every opportunity, if that would have been better than trying to nick one from a set - piece in a one off game mate.

I just wonder if we had tried to push them back, got in their faces more, used the ball more instead of just giving it back to them at every opportunity, if that would have been better than trying to nick one from a set - piece in a one off game mate.
Yeah maybe. But we could have been a bit more clinical in final 3rd. Dono if that's on the tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back