Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game plan was fine. The execution when we got opportunities to break was woeful.

The players faded in the crucial moments. They lack the winning mentality of a top team. That only changes when we accept they aren't good enough and replace them.
Hopefully this summer

Game plan was fine. The execution when we got opportunities to break was woeful.

The players faded in the crucial moments. They lack the winning mentality of a top team. That only changes when we accept they aren't good enough and replace them.
This is a little unfair imo. City very fortunate with their goal and just look at the players they brought on to win it. Meanwhile Iwobi...

This is a little unfair imo. City very fortunate with their goal and just look at the players they brought on to win it. Meanwhile Iwobi...

I dont really think it is unfair. The bench point is obviously valid. But we had a lot of opportunities where they had a lot of players up field and a good side on the transition would have got a lot of joy. You need the composure in these circumstances to get the first 2 or 3 passes right and then you are in business, but I thought our quality on the ball was awful.

As I've said moral victories aren't for me and if we ever want to move on as a club then we need to stop embracing them. We need to look at why we lost and for me it was a lack of quality on the transition, dropping too deep and inviting pressure in the last 15 mins and having a little bit too much respect for the opposition.

The ref was also poor all game which didn't help. The second goal for them is a nonsense. What is the actual point of VAR?

I dont really think it is unfair. The bench point is obviously valid. But we had a lot of opportunities where they had a lot of players up field and a good side on the transition would have got a lot of joy. You need the composure in these circumstances to get the first 2 or 3 passes right and then you are in business, but I thought our quality on the ball was awful.

As I've said moral victories aren't for me and if we ever want to move on as a club then we need to stop embracing them. We need to look at why we lost and for me it was a lack of quality on the transition, dropping too deep and inviting pressure in the last 15 mins and having a little bit too much respect for the opposition.

The ref was also poor all game which didn't help. The second goal for them is a nonsense. What is the actual point of VAR?
I'm with you mate, but I think most of us accept that they are a much greater team than us - of course we COULD win had we been really clinical. But a battling loss against a side like them isn't the end of the world. Hopefully we can add some more creatives in the summer.

I'm with you mate, but I think most of us accept that they are a much greater team than us - of course we COULD win had we been really clinical. But a battling loss against a side like them isn't the end of the world. Hopefully we can add some more creatives in the summer.
My united mates are all giving it the "good effort by your lads, really unlucky, hold your heads high" etc...

And I absolutely hate it.

Is there anything worse in sport than being the team who everyone head pats and patronises

That's us right now. We are that team.

Truth is we played exactly this way in the derby and nobody was complaining then. Difference in that match was we had genuine threat and counter attacking on the break to take a chance hold on and build on it. For eighty minutes we kept it tight which was an effort when City have been on a winning run, but without Doucoure and James here we had very little bar long balls and set pieces. Moaning about the manager ignores the fact the squad isn't good enough and he was giving us our best chance to get through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back