Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we'd got to 75 minutes today and the manager would have said "I'm tempting fate here, this is as much as we can get before it goes wrong, let's get some attackers on and go for it last 15", I could accept that. But there was no attempt to do anything other than limp into ET and hope again we could hang on for another 30 minutes and take pens.

Being prepared to be pummelled until we got to pens was hopeless.

If we'd got to 75 minutes today and the manager would have said "I'm tempting fate here, this is as much as we can get before it goes wrong, let's get some attackers on and go for it last 15", I could accept that. But there was no attempt to do anything other than limp into ET and hope again we could hang on for another 30 minutes and take pens.

But you’d rather they went all out for it and risked getting got tonked 6-0? What’s the difference exactly?

What attackers would you have put on David ?

Sides way better than this Everton team would struggle against City side, they are arguably the best team in Europe right now.

I'm peed off it's guaranteed yet another season without a trophy but not prepared to throw the toys out the pram. And it would've been madness to have gone toe to toe with a team of that quality, we'd have been utterly destroyed.

Yet won 9 major trophies with 3 of those clubs.
Not a bad way to be judged.
Quite simply because those clubs are serial winners. What they want is managers who take them forwards and install a progressive style of play. As for 9 major trophies when did the Community shield, European Super Cup and World Club championship become major trophies.

Carlo took every club backwards and got sacked.

Quite simply because those clubs are serial winners. What they want is managers who take them forwards and install a progressive style of play. As for 9 major trophies when did the Community shield, European Super Cup and World Club championship become major trophies.

What did Carlo do to you son?

Stop talking crap.

Would have liked him to have thrown on Davies for some extra energy but thrown the dice and put Nkounkou on and switch formation with him playing as a wide player - take it wide and get crosses into the box.

We are clueless going forward and have been most of the season so would have just tried something different.

Need to make sure we finish the season strongly and no lower than 7th. Get Europa, reinforce the squad and keep building like Sevilla have done.

Did lucky dip to cleanse my Fa Cup blues. Sat back in the lazy boy and got Led Zepplin, and "I cant quit you baby" was playing when i dared to look here, and saw your post.
I made this account almost 11 years ago when I was about 14 years old in year 10 ICT, tossing it off playing bloons tower defence all lesson and browsing GOT.

Nothing has changed on here since then. It feels like a pantomime at times.

But you’d rather they went all out for it and risked getting got tonked 6-0? What’s the difference exactly?

I'd rather we had a game plan to get to some point in the second half and then go for it.

After all....IT WAS A CUP TIE AND WE HAD TO TAKE A CHANCE AT SOME POINT.

Please dont defend that steaming pile of surrender monkey droppings today.

If that was Silva's team on the receiving end of that loss this place would be in meltdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back