Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather we had a game plan to get to some point in the second half and then go for it.

After all....IT WAS A CUP TIE AND WE HAD TO TAKE A CHANCE AT SOME POINT.

Please dont defend that steaming pile of surrender monkey BS today.

If that was Silva's team on the receiving end of that loss this place would be in meltdown.

Haven’t you been in the threads? It is in meltdown.

The posters saying we should have gone toe to toe and who cares if we got beat 5.
Imagine what they would be saying if we did.
We have a lot of proper supporters, realistic supporters. But we also have an alarming amount of morons posting on here and else where. Not sure I'd stretch as far as calling them supporters

I remember us going toe to toe with the RS under Martinez in his final season.

Loads we're well happy at the 4.0 spankings

And the 4.3 loss to Stoke
Or 3.0 toe to toe hammering at the mighty Sunderland.

Would have liked him to have thrown on Davies for some extra energy but thrown the dice and put Nkounkou on and switch formation with him playing as a wide player - take it wide and get crosses into the box.

We are clueless going forward and have been most of the season so would have just tried something different.
Iwobi on in the 87th minute. WTF!?

I remember us going toe to toe with the RS under Martinez in his final season.

Loads we're well happy at the 4.0 spankings

And the 4.3 loss to Stoke
Or 3.0 toe to toe hammering at the mighty Sunderland.
Let me just understand where you're coming from here: are you saying we should have just shipped the ball out for another 10-15 minutes to get into ET and see where that took us? You dont think we should have tried to change the pattern of the game toward the end and try and see if we could get a late goal to hang onto?

Let me just understand where you're coming from here: are you saying we should have just shipped the ball out for another 10-15 minutes to get into ET and see where that took us? You dont think we should have tried to change the pattern of the game toward the end and try and see if we could get a late goal to hang onto?

I'd say we tried that but couldn't cos City are a mega boss side.

I made this account almost 11 years ago when I was about 14 years old in year 10 ICT, tossing it off playing bloons tower defence all lesson and browsing GOT.

Nothing has changed on here since then. It feels like a pantomime at times.
Now "You Shook me".

Anyway, thought we had chances in the second half, to snatch it. Richie and Gomes both choked.

I'd rather we had a game plan to get to some point in the second half and then go for it.

After all....IT WAS A CUP TIE AND WE HAD TO TAKE A CHANCE AT SOME POINT.

Please dont defend that steaming pile of surrender monkey droppings today.

If that was Silva's team on the receiving end of that loss this place would be in meltdown.
Mr Davek, please. Don't hoist a Silva dystopian parallel universe on me.

Haven’t you been in the threads? It is in meltdown.
It should be too.

No one can tell me that 'tactically' that was sound today.

At some point you have to try and get a winner. Ancelotti waited and waited for the inevitable and then reacted with a sub.

I like Ancelotti and dont want to see him go. But that was 'kin woeful from him there today. We were being pummelled with wave after wave of attacks, and he should have got to a point and acted to try and turn the tide, not hang on for ET.

I'd say we tried that but couldn't cos City are a mega boss side.
Nah. There was a couple of attempts to get players forward in the first half, but that second half was shameful. Utterly shameful. We offered nothing but a hope against hope of holding out for pens.

Good tactics that nearly paid off. Virginia's tip on to the bar was dreadfully unfortunate to rebound to Gundogan. 0-0 at extra time, who knows? Probably the subs would have swung it anyway. Carlo did what he could with the players he had. None of them would get in the City team so keep things in perspective.

They were like Richard the Lionheart performances compared to this cowardly tripe we've seen served up against these top teams.

Games against top 7 (all comps):
RS - Draw, Win
Arsenal - Win
Spurs - Win, Win
Chelsea - Win, Loss
City - Loss, Loss
United - Loss, Loss, Draw
Leicester - Win, Draw

14 games. 6 wins. 3 draws. 5 losses.

43% win
21% draw
36% loss.

Done alright for Carlos Cowards.

Nah. There was a couple of attempts to get players forward in the first half, but that second half was shameful. Utterly shameful. We offered nothing but a hope against hope of holding out for pens.

Game plan was exactly how he said it was in the presser. Get up the pitch, try to get set pieces.

You tend to have to get the ball back to do that. Hard to do against them.

I have no doubt that I will get shed loads of flak for this , but here goes.
I thought that Carlo set up a great defensive plan , with the aim of catching them on the break , with Rico and DCL's pace.
Let's be honest , we were playing a great side (granted with a couple of players rested).
We had 5 academy players on the bench , and according to one media outlet , their bench cost £420 million quid.
What do some folks expect ?,
It's reminiscent of the criticism Moyes used to get when he had us punching above our weight.
I understand people being frustrated , but let's try and be realistic.
Only query from me was why Tom never played , as his legs / workrate would , in my opinion , have helped us. However Carlo knows miles more than I ever will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back