Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather we had a game plan to get to some point in the second half and then go for it.

After all....IT WAS A CUP TIE AND WE HAD TO TAKE A CHANCE AT SOME POINT.

Please dont defend that steaming pile of surrender monkey droppings today.

If that was Silva's team on the receiving end of that loss this place would be in meltdown.
We went for it after we went 1-0 down and conceded a couple of minutes later. The difference today was that when Pep looked to the bench he had quality to choose from, we had Iwobi.

We went for it after we went 1-0 down and conceded a couple of minutes later. The difference today was that when Pep looked to the bench he had quality to choose from, we had Iwobi.
The story here is that we never made an atempt to change the flow of that game in the second half. We rode our luck until the 84th minute.

Game plan was exactly how he said it was in the presser. Get up the pitch, try to get set pieces.

You tend to have to get the ball back to do that. Hard to do against them.
That worked to a degree first half. Second half we didn't get into their hakf of the pitch. So what do you do? Wait and see what happens, or try something?

That was pitiful from a manager of Ancelotti's experince and considserable talent.

Personally, I dont gve a flying one if a manager has won the lot: if they see a game out like that in the second half they have failed utterly in their jobs and need calling out on it.

The story here is that we never made an atempt to change the flow of that game in the second half. We rode our luck until the 84th minute.
I thought we were very much in the game up until they made their 2nd or 3rd sub. They began to take pen us back after that. The story being we didn't have anyone we could bring on to respond to their subs. Even then it took a lucky bounce for them to break the deadlock.

Or alternatively , we had a great defensive set up that was frustrating a much better side. Suppose it's all about opinions mate.

That worked to a degree first half. Second half we didn't get into their hakf of the pitch. So what do you do? Wait and see what happens, or try something?

That was pitiful from a manager of Ancelotti's experince and considserable talent.

Personally, I dont gve a flying one if a manager has won the lot: if they see a game out like that in the second half they have failed utterly in their jobs and need calling out on it.

I blame the players. We had lots of chances to break and catch them out on the transition, but we hadn't the composure to complete the first couple of passes that set up an attack. The gameplan was fine, the execution was nowhere near whats required. Thats entirely the players fault for lacking quality and composure.

There was little difference between our gameplan and Uniteds but there was a chasm in the gulf of class

I thought we were very much in the game up until they made their 2nd or 3rd sub. They began to take pen us back after that. The story being we didn't have anyone we could bring on to respond to their subs. Even then it took a lucky bounce for them to break the deadlock.

The subs can be used to add energy and a change in formation can make them think a bit. Grab a goal and hang on.

Is that not a better tactic than what we witnessed? Waiting to be dispatched like a turkey at Christmas.

I blame the players. We had lots of chances to break and catch them out on the transition, but we hadn't the composure to complete the first couple of passes that set up an attack. The gameplan was fine, the execution was nowhere near whats required. Thats entirely the players fault for lacking quality and composure.

There was little difference between our gameplan and Uniteds but there was a chasm in the gulf of class
It was the failure to commit numbers to attacks. That wasn't an accident. The manager wanted bodies behind the ball.

Richarlison and DCL were swamped when they got a touch. They needed overlapping players. They had no chance up there AND doing their defensive duties.

It was a terrible set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back