Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chances 'plural'?

A header off the line. That was it.

There are many other teams that would have made more of a fist than we did tonight.
Well as most thought we would get a mauling and we didn't, in fact most on here had given up before a ball was even kicked!

In no way am I saying it was a stunning performance but what it was is what we expected against possibly the best team in Europe at the moment and no I'm not happy to "settle" for that but realistically this team needs another 1 or 2 windows before we see us competing but what I have seen in 2 of the most unusual seasons any of us will ever see(hopefully) is progress and I see a brighter future for this truly GREAT club!

Lob Broadhead on and change things up against the best side in England you mean?

He put Iwobi on. And as we've gathered Carlo may as well put his boots compared to him.
Nkounkou, Davies and Iwobi. Throw them on last 15 minutes and go 433.

...or, alternatively, do f.a. and limp out on the end of a 2-0 scoreline.

We cant commit lots forward because this squad haven't the mobility to work back. The gameplan today was ok, our composure on the ball wasn't good enough. The players need to be far braver and take responsibility to play forward.
There was no composure on the ball because no one was making runs downfield when we got possession. There was NO ONE to hit in the channels or on the halfway line, they were all being tasked with defensive duty.

Honest to goodness, did anyone see City have to work AT ALL to get the ball back tody in that second half. It was attack v defence for 45 minutes.

Pathetic that we didn't see a change before the inevitable on the 84th minute.

I'm still 100% behind Ancelotti.

I just wont be told he's almost pulled off a master stroke when he clearly failed to change things when it was so obvioulsy going wrong, and preferred to wait for an unlikely penalty shoot out.
I agree with you. This was not a master tactic, but a well known method that any coach could do. That does not mean that the plan was wrong, possibly he got the best out of the players, but it was not something innovative or something that Pep was surprised by. It was as expected.

I am more concerned with how Ancelotti in the future will develop the team to create more chances, and control more of the game. This is a key factor for next season, and then we must bring in quality, and Ancelotti must be more faithful to a system.

I agree with you. This was not a master tactic, but a well known method that any coach could do. That does not mean that the plan was wrong, possibly he got the best out of the players, but it was not something innovative or something that Pep was surprised by. It was as expected.

I am more concerned with how Ancelotti in the future will develop the team to create more chances, and control more of the game. This is a key factor for next season, and then we must bring in quality, and Ancelotti must be more faithful to a system.
I was embarrassed by that today.

Shovelling the ball out to City players on the halfway line for 45 minutes; no attempt to break out and put enough players into advanced positions to make a game of it.

Imagine Allardyce and not Ancelotti was in the dugout there today. There'd have been murder on here.

Shovelling the ball out to City players on the halfway line for 45 minutes; no attempt to break out and put enough players into advanced positions to make a game of it.

Imagine Allardyce and not Ancelotti was in the dugout there today. There'd have been murder on here.

Unfortunately he’s not wrong here.

Unfortunately we aren’t good enough at home, city toyed with us, we are years away from them. Style of football has changed, we need to play pressing, fast football, and attacking. Hopefully Carlo can change this for us, we haven’t got the players to do it at the moment, so it’s a long term project, so in Carlo we trust, till then a lot more pain.

Not going to lie as much as I like Ancelotti as a person and a manager I think he got it wrong against us today.
If you sit back and invite trouble your going to get beaten. I know people say "If you go toe to toe with City you'll get beat" which again is more than likely correct. But you have to show some sort of attacking prowess against us.
That tonight from Everton I sort of expected after seen the team sheet.
I still find it hard to see how Andre Gomes gets a game with Everton? Can someone explain why he always starts.

Again if we had played the way you suggest we would have lost 1-4. We don't have the available players to go toe to toe with City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back