Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna need a good few transfer windows gonna be like this I'm at a loss if he can't do it after that because who else could ,does anyone else know I don't

I don't believe that it 2021 people still engage with the orange cat.
Ye know he's a wum encouraged by mods to spark conversation.
Lol. I get that view. However no mods could surely encourage some of his more unusual views . Examples that fit your suggestion include , Moshiri is a carpetbagger , his conspiracy theories about the ground move etc. ., Yes , I get that . That could simply be clickbait. , Although I don't think so.
I just think that our davek is a slightly unusual poster !?!.

I've had a couple of wines so forgive me for this post - not long since I watched Everton limp out of another season

Chances are we finish around 8th this year. Sam Allardyce and Marco Silva both finished 8th and were hounded out of the club.

I really like Carlo Ancelotti - think he's an absolute gent and a brilliant ambassador for Everton. I have no desire to see him under pressure and would very much like to see him continue his stewardship for a number of years.

I'm not going to lie though - I've been pretty disappointed this season with him on the whole. I expected a level of pragmatism that involved unattractive winning football but I was perfectly fine with that - It's the unattractive losing football that I have a problem with.

We're told that we can't expect players to improve under Ancelotti, he's simply 'not that sort of manager'.

Is it a case of 'right man wrong time' then?

I guess I expected him to 'find a way' to beat teams - That's what you pay a top manager top dollar to do.

I've had a couple of wines so forgive me for this post - not long since I watched Everton limp out of another season

Chances are we finish around 8th this year. Sam Allardyce and Marco Silva both finished 8th and were hounded out of the club.

I really like Carlo Ancelotti - think he's an absolute gent and a brilliant ambassador for Everton. I have no desire to see him under pressure and would very much like to see him continue his stewardship for a number of years.

I'm not going to lie though - I've been pretty disappointed this season with him on the whole. I expected a level of pragmatism that involved unattractive winning football but I was perfectly fine with that - It's the unattractive losing football that I have a problem with.

We're told that we can't expect players to improve under Ancelotti, he's simply 'not that sort of manager'.

I guess I expected him to 'find a way' to beat teams - That's what you pay a top manager top dollar to do.

Weve won more games than anyone bar the top 3.

He has inherited a mishmash of players and only brought a few in especially with the crap that is going on ,hopefully when everything gets back to normal in the world and the transfer windows we might see the real team we can be. Hopefully

Because if we'd gone out there and tried to play attacking football against City, we WOULD have lost 4 or 5-0. They're unbelievably good.

Trying to keep it tight and nick one was our best bet at getting a result. The fact that it didn't work doesn't mean it wasn't our best option.
We could maybe have had a little bit more of a go though, surely? Or even played like we did for 70 minutes and then gone for it. The whole thing did have a bit of inevitability about it, it would have been nice to at least have them on the ropes for a few minutes before they finished it. I won’t complain about losing to them and I wasn’t unhappy with the performance, but I do take issue with the idea that it was a great performance or a tactical masterclass; we played like a league one team who just didn’t want to get hammered.

It really isn't. And that also isn't an answer to it.

Do i expect us to be 4th in the league for wins after 38 games?

I dont expect anything, so its a peculiar question.

Have a look at the underlying statistics. When was the last time we had more possession and more shots than the opposition. It is getting embarrassing.

What relevance are those statistics to the teams placing in the league?

You dont need to have higher position or more shots to win games. What you do need to do is finish off the chances which come to you.

Ancelotti has improved players, and will continue to do so.

We lost a game to a team that has won 24 of their last 25 games in all competitions. We did so while missing several of our best players and with enormous gulf in quality and strength in depth.

For those saying we should've "had more of a go", most of these people are exactly the same people who piled on Martinez for not knowing when and how to defend and change their approach.

Do you think Ancelotti wants to send teams out to only be hard to beat? A man who has won countless trophies with practically every team he has been a part of across a career as both a player and a manager? No. He would obviously like to mix it up. And at times we have. But we currently do not have the personnel to be able to do both. And even if we did, City are just on another level. They ended up with De Bruyne, Mahrez, Gundogan, and Foden in midfield. Every single 1 of them would walk into our side. Not 1 of our players would get anywhere near there's.

It will take time. I really don't know what certain people expect. It's a level if delusion that genuinely astounds me.

Do i expect us to be 4th in the league for wins after 38 games?

I dont expect anything, so its a peculiar question.

What relevance are those statistics to the teams placing in the league?

You dont need to have higher position or more shots to win games. What you do need to do is finish off the chances which come to you.
The word expect is what you're hung up on?

Do you think it will happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back