Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate 5 at the back.

The 3 CBs constantly get themselves into a mess when they have to choose to close a man down or hold the line. They don't talk enough and then mistakes happen.

Yes we should've been home and dry but after going one up we bring a DM on for a AM and a CB for a RB and just stop attacking. We ALWAYS invite pressure onto us and the number of times we've had to grind out a 1 goal win this season it was finally gonna come back to bite us.

The home record is appalling and not good enough no matter who you are or what you've won elsewhere.

Not much on the bench but I honestly think we could have Del Piero and Cafu on the bench and he would have still taken off James and Coleman for a defensive midfielder and a CB.

He's very negative in his set up which is why our home form is so poor as you have to be able to attack and break teams down at home.

He's utterly blown europe today not a chance now with Spurs and Arsenal away up after Brighton.

Don't see any point in asking questions of him until at least this point next season. Summer is a big one. He's working with a dumpster truck of a squad.

Those calling for his head would have us bringing in Eddie Howe. There's no alternatives to him. Behave.

Agree to an extent but that home form demands questions. When has a 3 at the back ever worked for us? He gets somewhat of a pass this week cause of the amount of chances we missed but still need to be doing better against drivel like Palace.

Took the gamble today and looked ahead. For me the subs were a disaster but his hands were tied. Still life in the season. In Carlo We Trust. Believe in the vision.

I hate 5 at the back.

The 3 CBs constantly get themselves into a mess when they have to choose to close a man down or hold the line. They don't talk enough and then mistakes happen.
We don't have good enough midfielders to take a player out of midfield.

Personally I think the actual football being played should show signs of life. The players at his disposal aren’t great but nowhere near as bad as his apologists would like to make out.

We had no Allan or Doucoure, no legs in midfield, Gomes injured and having one of his usual shockers means you had an Icelandic ghost and a Championship player in Davies in midfield.

The squad is paper thin in quality. We have the spine of a decent side, six or seven players, and absolutely nothing beyond it.

There's no point judging Ancelotti until he has his side in place to utilise. He's attracted single handedly two of our best players in James and Allan, let's see what happens in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back