2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing yes defo, but we dont have the devine right to win games.

We should have won, but we didn't.

Seems like a few teams are stuggling more at home.

Finishing was the issue.....but in previoud games it was creating chances, so atleast we are are solving last weeks issues.

I was not keen on the subs, but I have said that before and his subs have helped win the game.

"Quiet leadership"
Is the name of his book.
Rather see some passion to be honest,
his leadership style is doing nothing for the bunch of deadbeats we have at the moment.
All the top managers had passion
The guy has won 3 Champions Leagues, 4 domestic leagues, and 3 domestic cups. I'd say that makes him a top manager, wouldn't you? The question has always been with big name managers whether they're big name managers because they go around the super clubs where winning things is relatively easy, or whether they're at the super clubs because they're great managers. Perhaps Koeman is illustrative, as he clearly wasn't pulling up trees here and yet has gone to Barca and for all their troubles, they're still well in the fight for La Liga and are in the cup final.

What I think is his saving grace is that a) changing managers every 18 months has seen us largely waste Moshiri's money so far, so we have to stick with someone, and b) we've tried going with up and coming managers in Martinez and Koeman (who can clearly do something when they have world class players), and we're now trying one of the most illustrious managers of the past 20 years. If all of them get given the push then the problem perhaps lies elsewhere?

So as disappointing as this season has been, we've got to give Ancelotti time to figure it out.

The guy has won 3 Champions Leagues, 4 domestic leagues, and 3 domestic cups. I'd say that makes him a top manager, wouldn't you?
He won all those trophies whilst managing world class players with self motivation, he didnt need to motivate any of them.
Like King Kenny, won loads of trophies after he inherited a team of top players, but then got found out when the time came to build his own team and he bailed out

This isn’t a case of wanting ancelotti out or anything like it. As usual there’s 1 or 2 posters who take that line and everybody knows full well that they can be ignored - and whatever they say on any other subject is ignored - but it suits people to make out like their comments are representative on this because they can make out like anyone questioning decisions is deranged.

The lengths some people will go to to absolve ancelotti of any blame whatsoever are just weird. This run of home form is truly awful, the football is dire (although better last night to be fair) and the constant desire to just hold what we have, despite almost never looking comfortable doing it, is just maddening. It doesn’t mean he can’t succeed here, it doesn’t mean we’ve ‘turned’ but being honest after 16/17 months of him at the helm I’m no clearer on the direction we’re heading in. It’s burying your head in the sand to just say it’s fine because of his record elsewhere. We can have faith that he’ll turn it round - we don’t have much choice - but it’s blind faith truth be told. There’s very little evidence on the pitch that we’re getting closer.

amen.
I don’t want ancelotti out - far from it.
however the style of football, and lack of idea in what/how we want to play is making me, and others, rightly questioning where are we going exactly.

other posters defending him because of his name, persona and reputation is, as you say, weird.

I want an ancelotti managed everton winning trophies and competing for titles as much as any poster on here. But at the moment his team and tactics do not excite me one bit

Look at Spurs under an equally successful manager in Jose. Football is also dire there and regardless of his reputation the fans are publically questioning him. We just try and make out all is well, and I don’t think it is.
Next year could be worrying for everton with what I see on the pitch.

He won all those trophies whilst managing world class players with self motivation, he didnt need to motivate any of them.
Like King Kenny, won loads of trophies after he inherited a team of top players, but then got found out when the time came to build his own team and he bailed out
Like I said, both Martinez and Koeman have gone and done a reasonable job when they've had those same top players at their disposal, so if we've tried relatively up and coming managers with no success, and now have tried a celebrated manager and some want him out, where does that leave us?

I suspect most would accept that having a great squad is ultimately what wins you things, and when you change managers with the frequency that we do then that squad gets chopped and changed every few years rather than growing steadily. We've been there, tried that, and it's gotten us nowhere. There comes a point where we just have to say we'll give people time and see where it gets us in a few years.

I did expect that with the squad of players he has, accepting injuries and limitations, that as a unit they would be more composed and confident together, and able to implement a fairly defined pattern of play, 16 months into his time here.

Even considering the substitutions, we should have had enough about us last night to see out the win yet what unfolded wouldn't have come as a huge surprise to anyone.

Laat night wasn't on Carlo but there is a bigger issue of leadership on the pitch and playing with a composure that comes with a settled way of playing and playing with more confidence.

There comes a point where we just have to say we'll give people time and see where it gets us in a few years.
Hi Bruce,
fully endorse your point, and I am actually an Ancelotti fan, just dont think that he gets his subs and game management wrong more times than you would expect

If dcl scored his 2 chances and richy his to put us up 4 nil. We would still have drawn?
But we probably wouldn’t have created the chances if we had scored the first one, as we’d have sat back, which is a bigger issue than our finishing. In the premier league we’ve won about 5 games by more than one goal, of which two were in the first 4 games.

I think we’ll come up short at the end of the season.
Subs yesterday didn’t help close the game out.
Missed chances yes but I sort of expected more confidence and ability to be coached into the squad by Ancellotti by now to close the games out at 1-0.

The relevance is that whilst Carlo was at Milan then Davide played for the youth teams. When his Dad left he was bombed out and couldn't even make it in basically none League football.

He then got jobs at PSG, Madrid, Bayern, Napoli and Everton when his Dad became manager of said clubs. It is Nepotism pure and simple.

So you're essentially multiple different clubs of nepotism, based off the fact his son wasn't quite good enough to be an elite professional?

Have you even considered that like 99% of lads in academies they are not quute good enough to make it as an elite player and retrained to a different area? Which story makes more sense do you think?

I think we’ll come up short at the end of the season.
Subs yesterday didn’t help close the game out.
Missed chances yes but I sort of expected more confidence and ability to be coached into the squad by Ancellotti by now to close the games out at 1-0.
Manager can drill them endlessly,but at the end of the day failing to convert one on ones and making individual defensive mistakes is beyond his control.

What do you think the atmosphere be at goodison. Upto Xmas was fine. But have we ever been this bad in last 8 home games
Have you been drinking Charlie? There is no atmosphere at Goodison this season because in case you have not noticed there are no fans. Nobody will ever know what the league table would look like if fans had been present. That applies to all clubs, except maybe City. You should be consoled by the fact it is costing you nothing to watch it, except your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back