Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think any of us would be able to tell the difference between the football on show tbh.

Be quite mad if Ancelotti doesn’t beat Allardyce’s finish of 8th in both of his seasons here.
That’s the damning thing with all this. Carlo has been here long enough to get us playing better football than we do.

look at the horse cloggers Bielsa has and they turn on the style most weeks and haven’t spent a fortune on players.

If Carlo’s anti-football brings trophies then great - I welcome that. But I just can’t see what we will win. Forget the league anytime soon. The FA Cup we always bottle. Maybe he will win us a league cup in 5 years after we’ve spent more money on players like James who never play.

So you're essentially multiple different clubs of nepotism, based off the fact his son wasn't quite good enough to be an elite professional?

Have you even considered that like 99% of lads in academies they are not quute good enough to make it as an elite player and retrained to a different area? Which story makes more sense do you think?
Based on the fact that Davide has only ever been employed by his Dads clubs. Let's leave nepotism out of it what are the chances of a random person being employed at exactly the same clubs as their Da.

They’re not fans.
You paid money to watch Everton every week, you would be struggling to justify the home performances this season.
Leeds, West Ham, newcastle, Fulham, Crystal Palace, Burnley.
These are home games we would expect three points from. Total of 1 point achieved. Even if we W2, D2L2 of these games we wd be in fourth spot now.
we are doing a job away but we are lacking bravery and character to win these games.

Do people remember points or league finishes?

The 72 points Martinez got could’ve finished 2nd in many Premier League seasons, ultimately we finished 5th.

You qualify for competitions or win the league based on your league finish.

In the 2017/18 season, we were the 8th best team.

In the 2019/20 season, we were the 12th best team.

This season, we’ll probably be the 8th/9th best team.

People remember league finishes, I agree, and we are dropping too many needless points this year.

However, if you’re going to come on here and act as though Carlos Everton side are worse than Big Sam’s, then you need to look at the facts more closely.

Big Sam’s team were horrendous to watch. We’re hardly free flowing football this year, but Jesus that Sam side barely bothered to attack.

You also need to consider what the gap is between us and the rest. We’re 5 points off 4th place and we have games still to play.

We were 26 points off 4th under Sam and he showed me absolutely nothing to suggest he was capable of plugging such an enourmous gap.

I honestly can’t see what planet you’re living on by making this argument. We’re just not even comparable to that team.

You paid money to watch Everton every week, you would be struggling to justify the home performances this season.
Leeds, West Ham, newcastle, Fulham, Crystal Palace, Burnley.
These are home games we would expect three points from. Total of 1 point achieved. Even if we W2, D2L2 of these games we wd be in fourth spot now.
we are doing a job away but we are lacking bravery and character to win these games.

I don’t spend my money on tickets to hurl abuse at managers & players but maybe that’s just me.

And results are eventually not going to be what we get if we don't play better football.

All I'm asking is for him to turn around this turgid stuff. I don't think it is unreasonable. And I also don't think we're going to have the results argument forever if he doesn't.

Anyway I'm going to eat some crabs, y'all have a good night.
There is an opening for a reply there if anyone wants it :):):):)

As much as we love Ancelloti, he has to accept criticism. The home form isn't acceptable. I know he can't be slotting DCLs shots from the touch line but he can make us more offensive from minute one and keep us pressing for a second other than throwing on defenders for attackers when we're dominating.
Richarlison had 2 good chances before Gomes went off
DCL missed sitters
We should have been 3 up at half time if our 2 strikers were doing the job
Not a lot Carlo can do if DCL consistently messes up one on ones

We're getting dangerously close to the part of the year where the prudent thing to do is find out what we've got on the fringes that could be useful next season. Also would be nice to pick what the formation we want to play is and use it every week to get properly use to it. We could take strong continuity into next year if we do it right. If Carlo really can build a team I'd like to see some long term vision in the next 6 weeks or so.
We have nothing on the bench never mind the fringes to improve the squad
When you have Gomes and Davies as your central midfielders you know things are bad
Who on the fringes would you try ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back