Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlo's second season.

Sacked by Chelsea, sacked by Madrid, sacked by Bayern and sacked by Napoli.
If he wins us league titles and champions league titles as well as a few domestic cups and a world title I would gladly have the club sack him off after that

I would like to understand why did he chose to play last night with 5 at the back in 5/3/2 formation ? We played with CP at home , what’s the message to his own players
Did you see the midfield
Tom and Gomes have not got a defensive bone in their body ,cannot run ,cannot tackle cannot drive forward with the ball often enough (although Gomes was doing well before his injury )
You need 3 CBs behind that pair to give you a chance

nobody strengthened in January ,not anybody of note anyway
I think this is the big issue with the January window in general. It's ok having the window open, but how many teams are willing to part with their best players midway through the season? It seems to be less and less each year.

It's frustrating because Carlo and co must see our weaknesses, but he knows it has to wait until Summer. It doesn't help that the 2 midfielders that he can trust are both out. Games are won and lost in midfield and without Allan and Doucoure, ours is a gaping hole that allows anyone to run through it.

TLDR: Our midfield is Katie Price.

I think this is the big issue with the January window in general. It's ok having the window open, but how many teams are willing to part with their best players midway through the season? It seems to be less and less each year.

It's frustrating because Carlo and co must see our weaknesses, but he knows it has to wait until Summer. It doesn't help that the 2 midfielders that he can trust are both out. Games are won and lost in midfield and without Allan and Doucoure, ours is a gaping hole that allows anyone to run through it.

TLDR: Our midfield is Katie Price.
We need our midfield to be Katie Taylor

We are buying top tier players. Just not at the rate we need to. That will change with most of our deadwood gone or out of contract in the summer. We will sign another 3 or 4 top players and the team will look significantly different.
RB CB RW CM all top quality, changes this team beyond recognition because we are shifting 3 mentally weak players out and one past it player out

Having had a quick skeg at some old posts, I can see what your idea of a good manager is.
I think I will leave you to this mate..

“I'd rather take the risk on a unproven but promising manager like we did with Silva, Martinez and Moyes than go for the likes of Allardyce.

Eddie Howe looks the obvious candidate in the Premier League. Though I do wonder about David Wagner. The job he did at Huddersfield was brilliant despite them looking like relegation certainties at the moment.

Outside of the Premier League then Farke at Norwich is doing a very good job. In the Bundesliga I'd say Adits Hutter is doing a good job after winning a league previously with BSC Young Boys. Not sure there's anyone in Ligue 1 worth looking at. Quique Setien at Real Betis is an intriguing manager. Though at 60 it's probably not the right time for him to join the Premier League”
The Vault is a cruel mistress.

Is he too nice?

He always seems happy to shrug off a loss - regardless of opposition and never seems to call out the disgraceful cowardly performances from players payed millions to kick a ball (imagine them having to work in an ICU!!). And despite some of the disgusting performances they will be on tiktok dancing and on Instagram with their new fashion trends instead of on the training ground putting it right!

And Carlo will still pick them next week.

Maybe these players need a dose of someone with passion and discipline - a Roy Keane type, Dyche(?), Ferguson or tempt Moyes back from West Ham. And don't tell me they wouldn't play good football because we currently aren't any better than under Allardyce (at least we could see out a lead at home!)
And who does he pick instead
Iwobi Bernard ,Neils ,??

I prefer to be one of those bystanders who get criticised for not stepping in after the event.
Its a bit like watching 2 women having a catfight at 1 am outside a pub
You know you should not enjoy it .
You know you should not even be watching
But you just stand there mesmerized hoping for a flash of something naughty :):):)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back