Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he started naming names I would 100% be on his side.

Its what I've wanted in a manager since Moyes - Dogs of War management.

Too many of our players have had an easy ride these last few years turning up when they want.
Can of worms territory here, the kind of stuff where the idiom "you can't please all of the people all of the time" comes into its own.

When Moyes took a no nonsense stance on Drenthe before the cup semi loads of online blues were incensed. Moyes was too strict, stubborn, was undermining our chances etc. A lot of us were more "sounds like Drenthe has been bang out of order". Carries on after the game, probably worsened due to the result.

When Moyes publicly said Baines could could do better (that he wasn't the best left back in England), same thing, a lot of folk felt it was fair. Others that Moyes was undermining confidence, not boosting his players etc.

Don't think there is a right or wrong approach personally if the result is there. Depends how individuals and the wider squad react. Mourinho is the gold standard for losing a squad. Ancelotti seems to get buy in.

Last edited:
Hi blues new here .on carlo why doesn't he picked the right team going out Coleman should have started last night. He also took him off again palace and they scored from his side after. One more thing what does he see in iwobi that ever other blue doesn't.

The place would have been utterly bouncing after that 2nd Siggy goal, can't wait to back in Goodison next season. I've got every confidence that with Carlo and the better players he's going to bring in it's going to be an absolutely horrible place for oppo teams to play.
Absolutely no doubt in my mind, if Goodison was full last night we would have won that game.

20210417_105933.webp

He uttered words I have been waiting for. We passed the ball well going forwards. I have been lulled into a depression watching months of negative sideways and backwards passing. Last night was magic to watch only to be let down by the incompetence of Holgate and Keane. Such a shame.

We played well last night but, injuries the other night aside, there's been no reason we shouldn't have been able to play that way in games v Fulham, Newcastle etc.

Anyway, is what it is. This season has been a failure if we don't get Europe, especially from the position we were in. That's on Carlo as much as it's on the players and Brands. It's not the end of the world but we've got to see progress.

If we play like we did last night for the remainder of the season, it's something to build on.

Carlo doesn't strongly criticise players in public. It's not his style and he's not going to start now.

He did actually imply he was pretty angry with Keane and Holgate though and thats about the most you'll ever get. He was definitely angry after the game.
Reprimand in private, praise in public: it's a simple and unsurprisingly effective strategy in the vast majority of cases compared to openly lambasting them.

While as fans we may sometimes desire those in the wrong to be reprimanded, it's purely for our benefit and would likely to be detrimental to their relationship.

Reprimand in private, praise in public: it's a simple and unsurprisingly effective strategy in the vast majority of cases compared to openly lambasting them.

While as fans we may sometimes desire those in the wrong to be reprimanded, it's purely for our benefit and would likely to be detrimental to their relationship.

He hasn't many options to choose from right now so I'm not sure what benefit comes from publicly slating a player then having to pick them again the following week.

What he says publicly and what he thinks privately are probably a world apart. The proof will be in the pudding this summer.

It's like no-one has actually read the book he wrote about leadership, with the clue in the title as to why he doesn't rinse players out in the media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back