Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm finding this season especially maddening despite the vexation being a perennial theme, mainly due to the fact we've demonstrated in the beginning of the season we can play decent football instead of the dour plodding jumbled football that has defined our season. Yes I'm aware injuries and squad depth have been factors. But if that's a reason for such a significant decline contingencies should been in place, Carlo and Marcel should possess a symbiotic relationship if the aim is to truly thrive in this competitive league. So despite limitations Carlo needs to devise ways to make the squad he has to meet his supposed ambitions.
I grow weary of all this fatalism from his ardent supporters who incessantly mention to inevitable futility of trying to winning games with our squad, yes expectations should be realistic but with his credentials it should be demanded the best is only accepted.It pains me every week to be served this slop with little promise in return. Honestly don't care about europe or a cup I just want to see a semblance of functional decent football don't even need Barca style.

Last edited:

What is worrying me is Carlo has watched that type of performance at least 10 times at home this season and yet nothing happens ,no changes at half time ,no yanking someone off after 25 mins because there patently not trying ,just nothing and his idea of changing a game is bringing on delph,the style of play is horrendous it’s boring and so slow to watch,it’s concerning me the lack of anything in this club ,has anyone said hang on we’ve lost 8 home games,where’s the standards being met ,and now players who have let a golden opportunity of Europe or dare I say it CL slip away ,aren’t even arsed if we finish 10th or lower ,it’s really awful to witness,next season at home has got to be an awful lot better,and an identity of this team has to be established,because this home Form can’t carry on into next season

Well if that is the case ,and I am not totally sure he has said it a few times, why hasn't he earned his millions and done something about ut
Everton 1-2 Aston Villa: Our attitude was wrong - Ancelotti
Everton 1-2 Burnley: Toffees home form 'not good enough' - Carlo Ancelotti
Chelsea 2-0 Everton: Toffees 'not at their best' in defeat says Carlo Ancelotti
Everton 1-3 Man City: We are not at the same level as Man City - Ancelotti
Everton 0-2 Fulham: Carlo Ancelotti says hosts could not match visitors' intensity
Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti criticises lack of spirit in home defeat by Newcastle
Everton's quality players not in best condition - Ancelotti

I'm a bit cautious about this actually. There's no real way of knowing and Martinez managed that unwanted milestone of least home points in a season since 81 with packed houses.

Just such a peculiar season we can only really judge on the situation we are in. I'd be disappointed if the crowd didn't help though.
It's not guaranteed no but in my opinion there are certain games where we would have held on with the fans at their back or pushed on, but I agree it's subjective and we have also benefitted away. Of course there are other reasons why we don't have a good home record regardless of fans. But these players don't have great mentalities so fans give them a lift. Coleman has said they have missed the fans at home.

The fans mightn't but arguably Carlo has
Not sure, he has tried everyone in that squad! Would I prefer he froze out certain chronic under performers? Yes. But given the injuries he hasn't had much choice. I am concerned we don't show more at home but it's also difficult to judge this season it's such a strange one in many ways. No fans, barely a preseason, contracted fixtures meaning more injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back