Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? The best teams in this league have good players. Thats why they're there. Nothing to do with usain bolts.

If you don't put the effort in you're not closing down shots quick enough, you're not 1st to second balls, you're not making enough attacking runs, you're not covering spaces enough.

You can't honestly tell me you watch us and think we put enough effort in.

If you don't put the effort in you're not closing down shots quick enough, you're not 1st to second balls, you're not making enough attacking runs, you're not covering spaces enough.

You can't honestly tell me you watch us and think we put enough effort in.

I think its a myth. When Everton were winning games it was never raised once. I think it comes far more down to we have to many average players who cant keep the ball so we're chasing it. Top sides do close down but then they have quality to keep it longer. You hardly see us press and stay pressing through quality possession.

I think its a myth. When Everton were winning games it was never raised once. I think it comes far more down to we have to many average players who cant keep the ball so we're chasing it. Top sides do close down but then they have quality to keep it longer. You hardly see us press and stay pressing through quality possession.

Yes and maybe if we sprinted more often and for longer distances we could press and stay pressing...

If it was such a myth it wouldn't be a stat anyone bothers to record and it wouldn't constantly be brought up with Bielsa-ism, Gegenpressing, Pochettino sides, them lot winning the league running over teams.

We aren't fit enough. We aren't running enough. We aren't sprinting enough.

We haven't got the quality to make up for a lack of all of this.

Yes and maybe if we sprinted more often and for longer distances we could press and stay pressing...

If it was such a myth it wouldn't be a stat anyone bothers to record and it wouldn't constantly be brought up with Bielsa-ism, Gegenpressing, Pochettino sides, them lot winning the league running over teams.

We aren't fit enough. We aren't running enough. We aren't sprinting enough.

So if we buy 4 top 100m sprinters that solves the lack of quality does it?

So if we buy 4 top 100m sprinters that solves the lack of quality does it?

No, but if the quality isn't there the effort must be there.

There's a distinct possibility Leeds will finish ahead of us Sunday night with world class stars like Stuart Dallas and Mateusz Klich starting for them. Why? Because one reason is they bloody well work hard to make up for a lack of quality.

There's a distinct possibility Leeds will finish ahead of us Sunday night with world class stars like Stuart Dallas and Mateusz Klich starting for them. Why? Because one reason is they bloody well work hard to make up for a lack of quality.

Oh yeah coz i forgot Everton were packed with quality.
I mean just today i was talking to a city fan and i told him you can get stuffed with your straight swap of kevin de bruyne for tom davies.

Oh yeah coz i forgot Everton were packed with quality.
I mean just today i was talking to a city fan and i told him you can get stuffed with your straight swap of kevin de bruyne for tom davies.

You’re really not getting it at all.

You either have quality, have effort or preferably both.

We have neither and the second one requires no sporting talent whatsoever.

Got it there we are just not good enoughj.

I would hate to see the state of some people in here after watching the 4x100m relay in the Olympics.

Like a burnt tree in the end I reckon.

Calling out Mo Farrah's name on the final strokes.

I’m not even jealous of Leeds. I’m just trying to explain how when the quality is low we also can’t have the effort being low. It’s embarrassing. All the best sides with way more quality also work harder than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back