Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only so much Ancelloti can do with some of these players, definitely not good enough for our ambitions. But he needs to wake up and kick some of these obvious problems into the bin.

Firstly, Sigurdson has to be replaced by someone more dynamic and energetic. We've said it for a number of seasons now, for every odd assist, penalty and screamer, there's 20 to 30 sub par performances a year. Not good enough for any team. Garbage. Fed up playing with 10 men every week.

Right back. Sign one this time please. Don't make the same mistake as last season.

A creative player needs to come in, a link between the midfield and DCL.

Worrying thing for me though is the basics. Whenever we go direct to DCL there's zero runners looking to go beyond, but more importantly not one player from midfield is there anticipating the second ball, its so easy for opposition teams to mop up and retain possession.

So much work has to be done for next season. Glad it's over to be honest. Shambles.

Richarlison’s attitude all season has got me worried. It’s as though he doesn’t want to be here.

He looked pretty happy doing the lap of appreciation the other day?

He's playing in a crap team, why would he be happy?

Would he be a devastating loss if he went? No. None of them would. Cause we're crap. But still, we play crap football, we're boring, we never come close to winning anything.

If I was a 24-year-old from Brazil, with no affinity for the club other than when I signed for them, why would I want to be here?

also who is carlo gonna attract with 10th place finish and no european football next season
Galácticos not likely. But there are very good players in various leagues in Europe and further afield who earn significantly less than they would at a Premier League club. So they will come European football or not

I'm not asking for a flavour of the month manager.

I'm asking for our manager who has won leagues and cups and is on £9m a year to find a better way around it and a way to produce better than the durge that has been served up.

The problem is the manager who has won leagues and cups had some of the best players in the world with these clubs. There's no track record of him taking a team like ours and getting them to compete at the top. It's such a difficult thing to do.

They don't have the right attitude to play for Everton, it's that simple for me.

We were passing the ball forwards earlier and looking competitive at nil nil. De Bruyne scored and then no one had the guts to play the ball forwards. We were sideways, back and negative. That's not a coaching directive or tactics. It's woeful mentality and a lack of courage in possession.

If I am a manager I am asking my DOF to remove players from the club and get me better ones. Unfortunately we have an inept failing DOF in charge of recruitment so it won't happen.
You'e doing it again though mate. This thing of it being back to attitude.

We didn't get done on attitude today. We got done 5-0 because City are a brilliant side, who yes have had money to spend on the best players and managers, but have done so smartly in the last few years, have built it up and are just an incredibly coached team. They beat us on quality.

And our defeats this season - it has been far too easy to label them as lazy, and effortless. Nah, it's that, but it's also the fact we lack substance, lack quality, lack any balance, whether it's recruitment (not one winger in the squad) or tactics (playing Allan and Gomes in midfield at home v Villa, playing a mad Xmas tree v Fulham and Newcastle, getting outdone by Paul Heckingbottom).

More to this than attitude and effort.

He got us James and Allan with no European football after finishing 12th.

People will want to work with him. He’s very highly respected in the footballing world. Just our knee jerking fan base want to run him out of town and put someone like Potter at Brighton in his place.

Should have got that Bielsa us. Reckon he could have Iwobi pulling off Ronaldo-esque performances down the right for us all season. That Tom Davies would be on Pirlo levels right now. Imagine all the stamina and pace he could infuse into Andre Gomes to make him close down quickly enough and ping out Iniesta like through balls.
bielsa wouldn't be stupid enough to start those players in the first place

james aka mr glass and allan who got merked by dwight mcneil have hardly lit up the place this season

He got us James and Allan with no European football after finishing 12th.

People will want to work with him. He’s very highly respected in the footballing world. Just our knee jerking fan base want to run him out of town and put someone like Potter at Brighton in his place.
Here's the thing, JR had no other relevant clubs that would give him the same salary, and no top clubs were interested. Ancelotti wanted to buy JR in Naples as well, but the owner saw it as a bad investment. Allan's curve was downward in Naples, and here too no one could match us. The Naples owner wanted to get rid of the expense, and be left with some profit before the value was gone. So what Ancelotti can attract are usually players who are on a downward curve, and where other clubs can not match the salary we give.

The best players will usually play for the best clubs, regardless of coaches, and the greatest talents will usually go to clubs where they know they are being prioritized.

The problem is the manager who has won leagues and cups had some of the best players in the world with these clubs. There's no track record of him taking a team like ours and getting them to compete at the top. It's such a difficult thing to do.

Not asking him to get us to the top, not just yet.

I'm asking him to not serve up completely dire stuff game-in-game out, and get us into a European position.

If we'd had been mid-table all year, sound, fair enough. But we weren't. We had two very good spells in the first half of the season and put ourselves into a great position as late as early March, when we were 4th with 13 games left IIRC.

To finish 10th is disgusting.

I think he knows it will take time. Maybe he's been shocked at just how much time he'll need. But, I don't think he's helped himself with some poor decisions, poor management and tactics in games we should have won with ease. To compound that, we don't appear to have the basics nailed down, and that's what the worry is.
Any Everton manager being beaten at home by the likes of Sheffield United, Fulham, Newcastle and Brighton should be sacked.

It's one of those where Brands needs to get some deals done quickly, in either or both directions, players out and in.

You've got to signal to everyone involved with the club that 10th isn't acceptable and you'll back those that get it and those that don't want to be a part of it can go.
But you know in your heart of hearts he won't. We will get some over the hill players on their way down and some young unproven hopefuls who might show the odd spark of excellence but ultimately fizzle out. Any decent players will be sold for the cash or sit on the bench most games, to be brought on with 15m to go.

Not asking him to get us to the top, not just yet.

I'm asking him to not serve up completely dire stuff game-in-game out, and get us into a European position.

If we'd had been mid-table all year, sound, fair enough. But we weren't. We had two very good spells in the first half of the season and put ourselves into a great position as late as early March, when we were 4th with 13 games left IIRC.

To finish 10th is disgusting.

I get the anger but 10th place isn't disgusting. It's probably about where we are overall. Obviously we could be higher if we'd won the odd game more but it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back