Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he can do us good, but we really really need a new fitness team

We cant go being so slow all the time, harder and faster training is needed

He isn't good, I only say fossil because modern football has left him behind, same way I would say Coleman is old, he is only 32

I only talk in football terms

Im sorry I've hurt your feelings
Hey mate, no hurt feelings here. Merely bemused at why quite unsavoury things are chucked out at a manager just because folk don't like his style.

But fossil is a pejorative term indicating aged. Mayhaps use ineffective football philosophy?

Ah the old "Ah the old blah blah argument" argument. The dismissive way of derailing a valid point, when there are literally people calling for him to be sacked. And you talk about your straw man arguments.

You may very well believe he should be given time, but you argue for the side of those who think it's perfectly valid to sack a manager after 1 season, our 5th manager in as many years I might add.

And yes, I do see positives. Because I choose to. I've seen negatives too. But I'm realistic enough to know that there are circumstances that have enabled them and prevented a full turn around. The project will take time. Which is all I'm saying. I'm calling for patience, as has been the core of all of my posts.

Noone is calling for a statue to be built just yet, that's getting a little ahead of yourself in the sarcastic hyperbole stakes. People just don't want what was obviously a disappointing end to a season of marginal improvement to end in an unnecessary witch hunt.

As far as my point about holding a lead, that points to a well drilled team, set out tactically to win tight games by the odd goal. It's something we have been unable to do for a long time, and yes, I see it as a positive. We were essentially 1 or 2 goals short of ending the season comfortably in a European spot. Unfortunately, we fell short thanks to a lack of quality. Hopefully that is addressed in the next coupe of months and we can try and improve again next year.
Look mate we’ve done this dance before. You think everything’s wonderful and have a go at anyone who sees things slightly differently to you. You’re doing exactly the same as you did last time it happened though; completely misrepresenting the points being made to you in a vain attempt to take the moral high ground and show everyone what a boss blue you are because you have unwavering faith in the club and will accept whatever you’re given without complaint. To be clear - again - I do not ‘argue for the side of those who think it’s perfectly valid to sack a manager after 1 season’. I do not argue for any side, I’m just giving my own thoughts. It’s not about being positive or negative, it’s just about being honest about what I think.

Biologically his age is irrelevant but I think what some people are getting at are that maybe his style and philosophy is too old.
Have seen no evidence he has either tbh.

I remember covering his Bayern team, watching his Madrid, PSG team etc. I just... I've never known what a CA team is, in the sense you know what a Pep team is or a Klopp etc.

Not saying it's a bad thing. His teams have won loads so his football is winning football. I just don't see him as a manager with an identity and so when stuff doesn't click, it looks like a really bad mish-mash of crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back