Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s played for Barcelona and PSG lol lol lol
And he won a bunch of league titles...

From what I remember Barca didn't necessarily want to sell him either but he wasn't going to play ahead of Alba and he was out of the France team because they felt he wasn't playing enough. He came here to play and get back in for France and job done.

Anyway this is the Carlo thread and Carlo should do a better job so people stop thinking our good players like DCL and Digne are the problem.

And he won a bunch of league titles...

From what I remember Barca didn't necessarily want to sell him either but he wasn't going to play ahead of Alba and he was out of the France team because they felt he wasn't playing enough. He came here to play and get back in for France and job done.

Anyway this is the Carlo thread and Carlo should do a better job so people stop thinking our good players like DCL and Digne are the problem.

I have never at any point said he’s the problem???? He’s the actual last player in the squad we should be looking to get rid of. He is clearly good enough to play for Everton, that is not the same thing as saying he isn’t an elite player. None of our players are, James was, but apart from that no, that’s why we’re mid table.

I have never at any point said he’s the problem???? He’s the actual last player in the squad we should be looking to get rid of. He is clearly good enough to play for Everton, that is not the same thing as saying he isn’t an elite player. None of our players are, James was, but apart from that no, that’s why we’re mid table.
I disagree, I think Digne and DCL could fit into some of those teams. We're mid table because a lot of the other players are worse than that level, including ones like Sigurdsson and Doucoure that we sunk big money into, and the manager is suspect as well.

I disagree, we don't have a single elite player. Ancellotti is our one shot at winning triphies.

Ancelotti isn’t winning a tap unless we get him elite players. That’s what he is, a top end manager who manages elite players, that’s all he’s ever done his career. He isn’t going to create a team greater than the sum of its parts by using utter dross.

I have no faith in Brands to get us the players Ancelotti needs in order to win us something.

I disagree, I think Digne and DCL could fit into some of those teams. We're mid table because a lot of the other players are worse than that level, including ones like Sigurdsson and Doucoure that we sunk big money into, and the manager is suspect as well.
That ‘suspect’ manager you refer to is the reason DCL has become a 20 goal a season striker you weapon

Ancelotti isn’t winning a tap unless we get him elite players. That’s what he is, a top end manager who manages elite players, that’s all he’s ever done his career. He isn’t going to create a team greater than the sum of its parts by using utter dross.

I have no faith in Brands to get us the players Ancelotti needs in order to win us something.
I think / hope Ancelotti is a better manager than you clearly think.
A manager who can only succeed managing elite players can not be considered a great manager merely an adequate one.
Great managers create great teams whose worth is greater than the sum of their parts.
Kendall for one forged a great team which contained no ‘star’ players at the outset ( excepting maybe an ageing Gray).
Clough took an unfashionable 2nd. division club and forged a team out of largely middling quality players into a team capable of becoming Champions of England and winning two European cups to boot.
That is what managers do to earn the appellation ‘great’, and that is the challenge facing Ancelotti, to take a perpetually middling side to the top without recourse to elite players.
Can he do it ?
Despite a relatively inauspicious start I believe he is capable of it.
Time will tell.

I think / hope Ancelotti is a better manager than you clearly think.
A manager who can only succeed managing elite players can not be considered a great manager merely an adequate one.
Great managers create great teams whose worth is greater than the sum of their parts.
Kendall for one forged a great team which contained no ‘star’ players at the outset ( excepting maybe an ageing Gray).
Clough took an unfashionable 2nd. division club and forged a team out of largely middling quality players into a team capable of becoming Champions of England and winning two European cups to boot.
That is what managers do to earn the appellation ‘great’, and that is the challenge facing Ancelotti, to take a perpetually middling side to the top without recourse to elite players.
Can he do it ?
Despite a relatively inauspicious start I believe he is capable of it.
Time will tell.

There is something to be said for being able to manage and control a dressing room full of massive egos though. That’s a skill set in itself, and one Ancelotti has proven time and time again that he has. What he faces here is nothing like that, as you say. We can only wait and see in due course if he can bring success with the, let’s just say “limited” playing resources we’ll provide him, it’s a challenge he’s yet to face in his managerial career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back