Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s played for teams that might play in a Champions League final before? He was deemed not good enough for them.

I like Digne, he’s a good left back, but we really need to stop pretending he’s the best left back in the world and would walk into any team. He wouldn’t be at Everton and getting turned inside out by Dwight McNeil if that was the case.
He wasn’t great this season but i think that was exacerbated by him mainly playing with Sigurdsson or Gomes in front of him. He’s got good delivery but dont think he’s elite in terms of his pace or defending.

He wasn’t great this season but i think that was exacerbated by him mainly playing with Sigurdsson or Gomes in front of him. He’s got good delivery but dont think he’s elite in terms of his pace or defending.

He’s definitely better than he showed this season. He isn’t at that elite level though, nowhere near good enough defensively.

He’s played for teams that might play in a Champions League final before? He was deemed not good enough for them.

I like Digne, he’s a good left back, but we really need to stop pretending he’s the best left back in the world and would walk into any team. He wouldn’t be at Everton and getting turned inside out by Dwight McNeil if that was the case.
I think you'll find that was Allan McNeil made look like an idiot.

Barcelona decided he wasn't better than Jordi Alba who is an all time great attacking fullback. Using that as a slight is foolish. Sometimes good players end up on not good teams. Is Jack Grealish not as good as Mount too?

I think you'll find that was Allan McNeil made look like an idiot.

Barcelona decided he wasn't better than Jordi Alba who is an all time great attacking fullback. Using that as a slight is foolish. Sometimes good players end up on not good teams. Is Jack Grealish not as good as Mount too?

I never said he wasn’t a good player? He just isn’t the best left back in the league and wouldn’t get in Chelsea’s team. I don’t think that’s controversial.

I never said he wasn’t a good player? He just isn’t the best left back in the league and wouldn’t get in Chelsea’s team. I don’t think that’s controversial.
I disagree. I think if you put a progressive fullback in a team that plays real football he'd look a lot better than what he does in our weekly crap show and he still looks pretty good in it. I'd take him over Chilwell still although it is close.

Still confused by the "he wasn't good this year" shouts.

How old will Allan, James and Doucoure be in 2-3 years time. We can't say we need 2-3 years to sort out the squad and then sign players who will be toast within that time.

We need to sign more Godfrey's and fewer pensioners looking for a pay day.
Couldn’t agree more.
I would be disappointed if we sign too many more players in that age range this time round. As you say, to do so would render any continuing improvement short lived and futile.

I think on point 2 we really can afford another 9th or 10th finish if it happens because we spend the year trying to get better. What we did this year we can't have again.

You mean we can only afford a non-European finish if there's a distinct improvement in the squad and turnover?
But if there is, we would improve by a couple of places surely.
I think if we get just 5 more points next season that is a good step forward, 70 the next season after that...small steps but big jumps in our league position i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back