Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y
You think we are going to go out and get 6 or 7 good players this summer? And they all fit?

If we don’t we finish somewhere between 7-10th again. Everyone saw the standard la at night between City and Chelsea, Liverpool and United can reach that as well. They’re miles ahead of us unless we start to get a lot of quality in every window.

Tonight's European show piece showed how far Carlo is behind the curve.

Carlo basically had no idea against City. Tuchel has won three out of three against Guardiola.

Chelsea were tactically excellent. Pressed high up the pitch, refused to give City an inch but carried a threat throughout the game. It was modern football at its best. Carlo is still playing the same way as he played at Milan 20 years ago.
If only.

If we don’t we finish somewhere between 7-10th again. Everyone saw the standard la at night between City and Chelsea, Liverpool and United can reach that as well. They’re miles ahead of us unless we start to get a lot of quality in every window.
We are at least 2or 3 seasons of steady improvement away from the quality you reference.
I certainly don’t believe it can be achieved within one season even if you attempt to replace 3/4 of the first team in one window, in fact I think such a move would jeopardise any progress for the forthcoming season and could even land us at the wrong end of the table.
We are more likely to add 2 or 3 players to the squad this season , give them time to integrate then repeat the process the following season.
If during this time we can improve the quality of football we play we will surely find our final position will improve commensurately.
If we can gain 1or2 places a season , I think that represents a realistic expectation for the manager.
‘Rome wasn’t built in a day’ as the adage runs.

Tonight's European show piece showed how far Carlo is behind the curve.

Carlo basically had no idea against City. Tuchel has won three out of three against Guardiola.

Chelsea were tactically excellent. Pressed high up the pitch, refused to give City an inch but carried a threat throughout the game. It was modern football at its best. Carlo is still playing the same way as he played at Milan 20 years ago.
Having a group of energetic commited players is always a help.

We are at least 2or 3 seasons of steady improvement away from the quality you reference.
I certainly don’t believe it can be achieved within one season even if you attempt to replace 3/4 of the first team in one window, in fact I think such a move would jeopardise any progress for the forthcoming season and could even land us at the wrong end of the table.
We are more likely to add 2 or 3 players to the squad this season , give them time to integrate then repeat the process the following season.
If during this time we can improve the quality of football we play we will surely find our final position will improve commensurately.
If we can gain 1or2 places a season , I think that represents a realistic expectation for the manager.
‘Rome wasn’t built in a day’ as the adage runs.
How old will Allan, James and Doucoure be in 2-3 years time. We can't say we need 2-3 years to sort out the squad and then sign players who will be toast within that time.

We need to sign more Godfrey's and fewer pensioners looking for a pay day.

Bell me back when he puts in the sort of performance Chilwell just did in a Champions League final.

We overrate our players A LOT.
Unfortunately he doesn't play for a team that will play in a CL final. And he also doesn't play for a manager who is going to put him into a position to succeed to the level Chilwell has been. But individually he's very good. He's at least at that level.

Unfortunately he doesn't play for a team that will play in a CL final. And he also doesn't play for a manager who is going to put him into a position to succeed to the level Chilwell has been. But individually he's very good. He's at least at that level.

He’s played for teams that might play in a Champions League final before? He was deemed not good enough for them.

I like Digne, he’s a good left back, but we really need to stop pretending he’s the best left back in the world and would walk into any team. He wouldn’t be at Everton and getting turned inside out by Dwight McNeil if that was the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back