Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be hard for you to be more incorrect. ...imo.

In fact, the season just gone,if anything, has shown just how creative Carlo is in team selection and formation.

The clearest example was the set up of the team and his use of Coleman in the Derby win against Liverpool, it was totally innovative , but there were many more during the season.

Carlo was hampered by not having an option wide on the right and spent the season trying to deal with that with varying degrees of success. Carlo also had injuries to James,DCL,Allan,Doucoure and Diane to deal with during the season without having the luxury, as Pep does, of having a more than adequate replacement to step in.

Last night highlighted to me that with the right players Carlo can compete with the City's and Chelsea's of this world
Last night showed to me also that with Pep there are limitations to his managerial ability but the array of talent at his disposal can mask his shortcomings. A brilliant manager still obviously
You are totally deluded. I havent seen a single second of good creative football from Everton last season. A few lucky wins, mostly by corners and free kicks, nothing else. Ancelottis game plan is non existent. He keeps it tide with a back 5 no creative midfielder and a high jumper upfront and hopes he can nick it from a corner!

You are totally deluded. I havent seen a single second of good creative football from Everton last season. A few lucky wins, mostly by corners and free kicks, nothing else. Ancelottis game plan is non existent. He keeps it tide with a back 5 no creative midfielder and a high jumper upfront and hopes he can nick it from a corner!
Were you blind to the early season games? When we were scoring for fun?

Errr mate, that was his game plan. And it got implemented when we started losing players to injury and the replacements simply couldn’t keep the attacking football we started the season with.

You can piss and moan all you want, but he identified a concern and his solution was to resolve it by focusing on shape and defence.

By definition that is a game plan, albeit a limited one.
Errr mate, that was his game plan. And it got implemented when we started losing players to injury and the replacements simply couldn’t keep the attacking football we started the season with.

You can piss and moan all you want, but he identified a concern and his solution was to resolve it by focusing on shape and defence.
Beat me to it - by definition it is a game plan, albeit a limited one.

The Sunday morning hangovers are bringing the mischief makers out I feel.

I think maybe you need to look a little closer.

You must have been asleep at the start of last season if you don't think we were creative and scoring for fun. Other factors came into play and I was hoping to finish the season as we started but we were too far gone by that point confidence and home form just wasn't there.

Tonight's European show piece showed how far Carlo is behind the curve.

Carlo basically had no idea against City. Tuchel has won three out of three against Guardiola.

Chelsea were tactically excellent. Pressed high up the pitch, refused to give City an inch but carried a threat throughout the game. It was modern football at its best. Carlo is still playing the same way as he played at Milan 20 years ago.
How many of our spineless crabs get in the chelsea side?

compare the benches...we usually have two keepers and kids with no prem experience.

Haha comparing Chelsea and everton and blaming Carlo.

Apart from DCL and digne and maybe James, I doubt any other player gets in that Chelsea 11

Y
You think we are going to go out and get 6 or 7 good players this summer? And they all fit?
Which is exactly why building a side capable of challenging at the top will take multiple seasons and not 18months.
Team building is a managers greatest skill and his greatest challenge. It takes time for players to settle into a new team , they have to get used to their new teammates and the instructions of their new coach.
Certainly the idea of parachuting 7 new players straight into the first team and expecting them to immediately blend and go from the off not only puts massive pressure on management and players alike , but it is fraught with the likelihood of catastrophic collapse.
Personally I expect next season to be one of further development, with hopefully improved football and maybe finishing one or two places higher.
Season 22/23 is when I would like to think that we will be in a position to realistically battle for a top four place.

Which is exactly why building a side capable of challenging at the top will take multiple seasons and not 18months.
Team building is a managers greatest skill and his greatest challenge. It takes time for players to settle into a new team , they have to get used to their new teammates and the instructions of their new coach.
Certainly the idea of parachuting 7 new players straight into the first team and expecting them to immediately blend and go from the off not only puts massive pressure on management and players alike , but it is fraught with the likelihood of catastrophic collapse.
Personally I expect next season to be one of further development, with hopefully improved football and maybe finishing one or two places higher.
Season 22/23 is when I would like to think that we will be in a position to realistically battle for a top four place.
Are Carlo and Brands team builders? For example Napoli were second when he went there, Bayern Muhich were champions when he went there to replace Pep, Real Madrid were second and champions league semi finalist, you see the difference, he goes to great sides and works with them, when has he built a bang average mid table team into a top one?
Im saying he is a great manager, but at great sides, working with junk dosent seem to be something he has a record of doing well, so it could turn out to be the totally wrong fit for us.

Are Carlo and Brands team builders? For example Napoli were second when he went there, Bayern Muhich were champions when he went there to replace Pep, Real Madrid were second and champions league semi finalist, you see the difference, he goes to great sides and works with them, when has he built a bang average mid table team into a top one?
Im saying he is a great manager, but at great sides, working with junk dosent seem to be something he has a record of doing well, so it could turn out to be the totally wrong fit for us.
I fully agree.
But we have to allow him the time to succeed or fail , peremptorily sacking managers at every misstep destroys any hope of building a cohesive squad as we are now witnessing, to our detriment.
I would hope that even if he does ultimately fail that he will leave us with at least the foundations of a functioning team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back