2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. Shock horror that Ancelotti has a few problems to sort out at a club that hasn’t won anything in 25 years and is a complete basket case most seasons.
Yup. We need to give him time. The reason we are in this mess is because we have sacked a succession of managers and ended up with a completely unbalanced squad made up of about 4 different managers’ players. Let Carlo build and we’ll be competitive. We aren’t going from mid table dross to PL champions overnight.

One thing I do not understand. In the last 5 seasons, Everton have had placements between 7 - 12, and our median position has been 9. We are a fairly average PL team, not among the best, but not the worst either. We may be the worst at investing in players, but compared to many other PL teams, we have great resources. So no matter who takes over the club, the expected position should be around 9th place.

The club decides to hire Ancelotti. By many, Ancelotti is considered one of the best coaches of all time. So only on the basis of the coach should one expect Everton to perform better than expected, if the coach is world class, and not just world class, but the best of all time. But the club is really serious and will support the coach in the transfer market. We have big ambitions. The club brings in players like JR and Allan. Two players who come with huge salary costs, and at the same time where the curve has been declining in recent seasons. In addition, we bring in players such as AD, Godfrey and Olsen. AD is a player in his prime, and a proven PL player.

With these signings + the world's best coach, one should be able to expect a top 8 position. I would even say that we should be in the top 6 competition. If not, then it's hard to understand the signings of JR and Allan. If the goal is top 8 -10, then there are far cheaper players in the market who can give us the same results. Ok, we need to be patient, and build for the future. But if we are going to build for the future, why blow up the salary budget for players like JR and Allan? Why do we not identify younger and cheaper players?

What exactly are you getting at? Are you saying because our average finish is 9th, then we should be going for players to help us finish 9th?

The reason he's purchased the likes of Allan and Rodriguez is to challenge the top 6 and the last time I checked the table we were 6th and 3 points behind top. Regardless of todays results, at worst we'll be 9th, 6 points off top and 3/4 points from the top 4.

So as things stand, the signings are working as they have us in a position to be more competitive against the top 6

Absolutely. Shock horror that Ancelotti has a few problems to sort out at a club that hasn’t won anything in 25 years and is a complete basket case most seasons.
Agreed. The culture at the club is rotten.

The worst bit about it is the wolves in sheep's clothing....... By that I'm talking about supposed "model pros". Coleman, Gylfi, Delph, Gomes, Pickford ....... Yeah shock horror. Wear the armband, probably first into training, respectful to the staff etc etc

Give great rabble rousing interviews after a loss, full of clichés then turn up and give the same lack lustre performances.

Sick of it. I want nasty winners, not nice losers.

He’s been here a year, not 5 minutes.

Look at the way Brendan Rodgers has Leicester. They’re miles ahead.

Also, Ancelotti is the one who is picking Pickford. Olsen should have remained in goal for this game, given the two Newcastle goals weren’t his fault.

This could be a blip or it could be Ancelotti nearing the end of his time of being a top manager. We’ll know more over the next few weeks with easier fixtures and the player we can’t win without being back.

For £11m a year, we deserve a lot more than what we are seeing.
Not sure you can judge him against Leicester, they were miles ahead of us before he arrived, I think he's closed the gap.

There are some players who I just don't get him playing though, I'll give you that. I wouldn't have Pickford, Iwobe, Bernard or Siggy in the under 5s never mind the first team.
But then again, I would have got shut of DCL too, but he seems to have transformed him.

Too early to judge yet I think

We really are a bi-polar lot.

The state of this thread from the first 4 weeks where he was a messiah to the shouts of he isn't up to it, the wrong manager for the time is extraordinary.

Yes we have lost our way, yes he has made a couple of mistakes, but the reactionary comments are amazing.

Tell me another manager in the world that you would have faith in to dig us out of this mess that would actually want to come to mediocre Everton.

these.

We’re too sentimental as a club and that includes the fan base sometimes too. Pickford Keane Coleman Sigurdsson are not good enough for a team wanting to be in the top 6. Coleman is treated like a sacred cow though because of his performances over his career for us which were amazing but that was a long time ago. Rashford looked like the lad from the year above in school just bullying him yesterday. Keane receives a load of praise for managing to sustain a level of being ok for a few games, he’s never in a million years a top CB though, everyone knows that but we just ignore it. We’ve seen top centrebacks also like Jagielka and Lescott on their primes, pace power leadership, Keane has none of these. Pickford is the worst keeper in the premier league and Sigurdsson wouldn’t be wanted by most league one teams and is the worst player in the league hands down.

For some reason though we continue to indulge all of these players under multiple managers. Until they’re out of the squad we won’t achieve anything.
That is a pretty accurate assessment

Makes me feel sick, Pickford and especially Siggy. I actually don't mind Pickford because I think he tries, even though he's gash and I want him gone, but Siggy makes me fume, NEA written all over him.

People really wondering why we’re still talking about Koeman when you can still point to several players that have been a rotting core of the club since he rocked up here.

We really are a bi-polar lot.

The state of this thread from the first 4 weeks where he was a messiah to the shouts of he isn't up to it, the wrong manager for the time is extraordinary.

Yes we have lost our way, yes he has made a couple of mistakes, but the reactionary comments are amazing.

Tell me another manager in the world that you would have faith in to dig us out of this mess that would actually want to come to mediocre Everton.
My Multi gave this the thumbs up, I'm not so sure!

We don't get anywhere near enough players into the area, even with Richarlison playing.

We should have 3-4 players in the box from crossing situations. We regularly have 1-2.

Carlo needs to sort issues at both ends of the pitch at the moment. I've been disappointed with some pretty lazy tactics the last few games.

He's better than that - we know it. The players aren't good enough but him and the coaches need to step up, too.

I respect him a lot. Actually, I love him. But he has to be angry, he is too nice towards some terrible players. No way we wont go to Europa next season, we will easily be inside top 8. But thats not an achievement, we demand threatening football!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back