Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton boardroom at 15:01

giphy.gif

Lads no point getting down about it he wasn't getting a tune out of this squad and was never going to be given the calibre of players he would have needed.

Wrong fit and we will move on - just need to get the next appointment right, someone that fits the club like a glove and can coach players who aint all world class talents.

If we appoint some putz like Howe however I'll likely lose interest as I already am these days with footie in general.
Will cry ffs. Silva was enough.

They don't though. We haven't sacked Carlo. We know the players are crap, or at least a fair few of them, but he's decided to leave us in the lurch mate, when we need a big rebuild.

He can't come out of this with our respect. He's sacked us off at the first chance. Now the reasons for that may also be down to the club and I think the club is clearly a shambolic mess.

But he's decided to quit. It's on him.
Totally agree. But everton forgives. Moyes would be welcomed back after going saying he was committed while talking to utd and then trying to take our players for cut price. Everton forgives and forgets Everton doesnt win anymore.

Maybe it's a good thing. Manage some expectations. It was either gonna take Carlo another 2 years and lots more signings to get a decent squad together that wouldn't have people clamouring for someone better (LOL) OR, we can hit the rest button, get some compensation and hope we say if you want him you need to take Alan, James, Richarlison, Digne and Mina with him for a combined £200m package. Start from scratch.
So… hang on let me just clarify… you want to not only lose our manager, but also want to bin off our best players for little more than market value?

Are you honestly surprised he has moved to Real Madrid? He did well while here but he's not an idiot.

Yes because he’s been there before. He’s been at every top club. He must know that whatever he does there he will be fired within 24 months. Short of winning the CL every season he will be fired.

Their squad is a mess with Modric Benzema Ramos all coming to the end and Ronaldo/Bale gone. They apparently have financial issues also. There’s a high likelihood he’ll struggle to hit CL winning heights then he’ll be gone.

I thought he wanted to security of a project with time to build over this type of scenario. Obviously he wanted out though, maybe there’ll be a reason that comes out for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back