Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said when we appointed Carlo, whoever comes after him is a downgrade.

But im not really bothered, he was the last manager I ever support at this club, im joining the doomers.

I tried to be less partizan with Carlo because I got my fingers burned with Bobby and even Koeman to an extent.

But I was buzzing to have him and with him did believe we could achieve something - I just wanted to see a bit more evidence in the last 18 months that wasn't blind faith.

But it's proved now, he's sacked us straight off, so nobody deserves owt until they earn it.

There hasn't been a plan to this point.

Maybe, maybe, Silva had one, but it got scuppered by Gueye leaving, Gbamin getting hurt and the midfield being left with no legs or tackling. Maybe in time his pressing system could have come around but I doubt it as needing an all action midfielder to save it isn't really a working system.

But Martinez, Koeman and now Carlo? I can't say they had a plan.

Martinez did, most of that first season was exactly how this club should play football - fast, aggressive and at times ruthless. Then he ditched it for reasons only known to himself.

If this happens you guys are not seriously going to run with the narrative that it was the fan's (or Gots) fault are ya? This is on him if he leaves and he will have stuck us right in it, no matter if one rates him or not.

The vast majority of fans wanted to see it out and supported him like no other manager in our history bending over backwards to make excuses for him.
No, of course the fans haven’t forced him out. My point was the cry arsing and him needing time.

I can see where you are coming from but I don’t necessarily agree. People were talking about West Ham going down before Moyes saved them and then had them nearly qualifying for the CL, and achieved what Carlo could not do with Everton in Europa League qualification.

There are managers out there that can achieve more than 10th place out of this squad. The 10th placed finish was not an example of Ancellotti getting the absolute maximum from our squad. Far from it imo.
They had a better squad seriously it's balanced it has pace it has a right side.

You know there will be zero planning in place for his departure. They will take the easiest option. Giving it to Duncan for 6 months before deciding in January. Honestly this club is riddled with negativity. It’s ridiculous. Nothing good ever happens to us, ever.

Mate, you've posted that and then moaned about the club being riddled with negativity? Weren't very negative when they proactively went out and got Carlo in the door, were they?

Few people blowing this way out of proportion and having a go at the board for something that is completely out of their control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back