Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see where you are coming from but I don’t necessarily agree. People were talking about West Ham going down before Moyes saved them and then had them nearly qualifying for the CL, and achieved what Carlo could not do with Everton in Europa League qualification.

There are managers out there that can achieve more than 10th place out of this squad. The 10th placed finish was not an example of Ancellotti getting the absolute maximum from our squad. Far from it imo.

Not for me.

West Ham didn't have a manager on Carlos level trying to get a tune out of their team.and not being able to.

In this instance, Everton clearly would have wanted CA to stay. So I blame him for upping and effing off at the first chance, despite all his nice words over the last year - which have been proved as lies (not even 10 days ago he was saying how happy he was here and wanted to build for the future).

So that to me is on him.

However, clearly, Everton is a complete mess from top to bottom. There's far too many people involved, far too many people not up to task, from the marketing department to the medical department to the playing staff and the board.

It's truly gutting.
It was always a risk, when the Merry go round got going at bigger clubs.

Carlo is an opportunist and a pragmatist, he views football jobs as temporary.

Im not surprised, but I’m frustrated, we’ve wasted so many years and so much money, fluting around with temporary managers and not having any choherent long term objective. It’s just massively undermine the welfare of the club.

Who ever is making decisions at Everton needs to cop on! They don’t understand football.

Last edited:
The fact is that Ancelotti did not succeed at Everton. A tenth place is not exactly impressive - especially if you are considered one of the best managers of all time. Personally, I have followed him since he was in Parma, and I would say he is one of the most overrated managers of all time. But that is another debate.

Still, I was curious about what he would achieve at Everton. Finally, he was supposed to be something other than a galleon figure, and actually had to deal with the reality that most managers do. To be honest, I thought it would get worse, but it was not very impressive of a man who likes to compare himself with the greatest managers of all time.

The results came mostly through playing a bad variant of Catenaccio, and were not particularly creative or impressive. It was also not surprising to us who have followed him for a while.

When he now has the opportunity to return to Madrid, and once again become a galleon figure for a period, I wish him all the best. He will probably get this season before he is fired again. Madrid supporters have probably already found their white scarves, and it's just a matter of time.

Some here believe that Ancelotti is being hired because of his managerial skills, but that is quite far from the truth. This is a political and commercial appointment, and which will help Real Madrid avoid criticism and critical questions while stabilizing its economy. Everton FC will move on and I am sure this is the best thing for the club.

We haven't given a manager a time to pull up the weeds.

Carlo knew full well that the squad was weak. Was the only one to identify it's flaws.

Now someone new is gonna swan in and restart all that.

Yup 100% this.

Fresh starts for Sigurdsson and Gomes who will be on their like 4/5th manager. 3rd/4th for Iwobi. Honestly I’m fed up of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back