Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surely this is a joke?! lol

It would be truly peak Everton if we put a Red like Stevie G or Rafael in charge, at least it would sweeten the decision to just give up supporting a team that seems to enjoy being best of the rest for 20% of the time and self destructive for the rest

The fact is that Ancelotti did not succeed at Everton. A tenth place is not exactly impressive - especially if you are considered one of the best managers of all time. Personally, I have followed him since he was in Parma, and I would say he is one of the most overrated managers of all time. But that is another debate.

Still, I was curious about what he would achieve at Everton. Finally, he was supposed to be something other than a galleon figure, and actually had to deal with the reality that most managers do. To be honest, I thought it would get worse, but it was not very impressive of a man who likes to compare himself with the greatest managers of all time.

The results came mostly through playing a bad variant of Catenaccio, and were not particularly creative or impressive. It was also not surprising to us who have followed him for a while.

When he now has the opportunity to return to Madrid, and once again become a galleon figure for a period, I wish him all the best. He will probably get this season before he is fired again. Madrid supporters have probably already found their white scarves, and it's just a matter of time.

Some here believe that Ancelotti is being hired because of his managerial skills, but that is quite far from the truth. This is a political and commercial appointment, and which will help Real Madrid avoid criticism and critical questions while stabilizing its economy. Everton FC will move on and I am sure this is the best thing for the club.
buddy ur worse than halitosis but without any spray to cure u. yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back