Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
he didn’t need to - that style was how the RS play now, how Leicester played when they won the league
He needed to maintain it then. I don't know, he got lost in the second season and just started trying things. And he came in talking 3-4-3 as his preference which he never developed. It is what he used to at Wigan and now at Belgium. So I tend to say Martinez didn't have a plan. For me he came in to Moyes team and just made it more aggressive which worked for awhile.

Martinez did, most of that first season was exactly how this club should play football - fast, aggressive and at times ruthless. Then he ditched it for reasons only known to himself.
Pre season in his second season. I watched 5 mins of it and said wtf is happening. I knew he would be under pressure at goodison playing that rubbish.

The style hasnt changed since and it doesnt go down well esp at home. We need an manager with intensity.

lol lol lol

Gerrard LOL... Firstly I hope we'd never approach him, Secondly if we did approach him I'd hope he'd not even consider it. He might be a good manager but damn it I hope there is some integrity left in the game.

I mean, we've not stabilized though have we? We were 15th after that game. We finished the season 8 points off the CL.

We can argue how we made progress was not sustainable or scaleable, but we did progress.

I am very sanguine about the situation now. When Silva was sacked I was very agitated about us being able to stay up.
For me he took the Silva team and backed them off because we didn't have the midfield to press. That stabilized things and the results picked up a bit. And aside from that 5 game run to start this season we've been that team since. No progress at all since basically his first game where he fixed the Silva mess. Which tbh Dunc already sort of did.

They seriously wouldn't hire Stevie G would they ? He's done good things for Rangers but a bell is a bell is a bell .

That Athletic list included about 12 managers.

Now the issue is, I can believe it, it just sums up that the club are completely unprepared and totally clueless as to what direction they'll want to go in.

And we all know it'll end up being Howe or Nuno because they're easy picks.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back