Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes won't come back here, gerard hates us so I dont want him anywhere near here. He wouldn't even consider us and we shouldn't consider him either. Benitez style of football is horrible, defensive stuff, he's past his sell-by date. I'm not sure where we go. I'm hoping for a younger manager who's hungry, whose teams play positive, attacking football and who can identify the fact we need better, faster players in and the slugs out. I'm not sure who that person is, it could be Howe or potter, or the slightly more defensive ex wolves manager. I know one thing though, I dont want Gerrard or Benitez.

Moyes won't come back here, gerard hates us so I dont want him anywhere near here. He wouldn't even consider us and we shouldn't consider him either. Benitez style of football is horrible, defensive stuff, he's past his sell-by date. I'm not sure where we go. I'm hoping for a younger manager who's hungry, whose teams play positive, attacking football and who can identify the fact we need better, faster players in and the slugs out. I'm not sure who that person is, it could be Howe or potter, or the slightly more defensive ex wolves manager. I know one thing though, I dont want Gerrard or Benitez.

Moyes would 100% come back, sadly.

For me he took the Silva team and backed them off because we didn't have the midfield to press. That stabilized things and the results picked up a bit. And aside from that 5 game run to start this season we've been that team since. No progress at all since basically his first game where he fixed the Silva mess. Which tbh Dunc already sort of did.

OK but there was some progress overall, but your point is he did a lot of that early into his regime and didn't kick on?

I can see where you are coming from but I don’t necessarily agree. People were talking about West Ham going down before Moyes saved them and then had them nearly qualifying for the CL, and achieved what Carlo could not do with Everton in Europa League qualification.

There are managers out there that can achieve more than 10th place out of this squad. The 10th placed finish was not an example of Ancellotti getting the absolute maximum from our squad. Far from it imo.
I think Moyes is a great manager and we need someone with both his ambition and his work ethic. But I don't think he's right for us or us right for him anymore. I think he'll be happy building something with Westham and going back to Everton would seem like a step back for him as much as it would for us. Depressing for both parties. I can't see him just ditching Westham either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back